Chapter 19

The doctor then assured me that the baby probably wouldn't come for another three hours or so. Everything had happened so quickly that I thought she would be there within a half an hour. I was sort of happy that the baby wouldn't be here for a while because it meant that Logan would probably make it here. However, I just wanted the baby out already. I was going through so much pain that I just wanted her to be here already.

I knew she would be here soon, though, so I held onto hope that my pain would be over soon. I couldn't wait to meet my baby girl. I was so excited to see Logan hold our newborn baby girl because I never got to see him holding our newborn twins. He got to see them being born, yes, but he never got to hold them. I was so glad he was here this time.

At about 4 am, I felt my water break. The doctor came into my room after I called for him to come in. When he arrived, I told him what had happened. He checked how dilated I was, and he told me that I was 10 cm dilated, ready to begin pushing the baby.

"I can't," I told the doctor, shaking my head.

"You must, Miss Hemmings," he said sternly.

"Doctor, I can't just yet," I fought. I would not have this baby until Logan was here with me. My mom was right there beside me, but I wanted Logan. I wasn't doing this without him.

"Is there something wrong, Miss Hemmings? Why can't you do this just yet?" The doctor questioned.

All of a sudden, Logan came running into the room. He ran to my side and grabbed my hand, smiling at me. He was breathing heavily as if he'd ran through the entire hospital. He told me, "Lil, babe, I'm here. I'm not leaving your side until this baby is born. Go ahead, do what the doctor's telling you. Push."

I nodded and began to push. It seemed to all happen so quickly. Before I knew it, our baby girl was in this world, and Logan was cutting the cord. I smiled as the doctor placed my daughter in my arms. I held her for quite some time before they took her to be weighed and measured and everything else they needed to do.

Logan and I both couldn't stop smiling at each other. We were both so excited that our baby girl was finally here. Soon, they brought her back, and Logan was able to hold her then.

"Lil, I'm so glad I was here for this pregnancy," He smiled at me as he held our daughter.

"Let me hold her a little more?" I asked, grinning widely at him. He sighed and handed her to me, chuckling.

"Lily Abigail, I love you so much," he told me as he kissed my forehead. "And I love Kaiya Abigail Irwin also." {Kaiya pronounced Ky(as in Kyle)-yuh)

"Did you realize that her initials spell Kai?" I giggled, just realizing it myself.

"Well, her name sort of does sound like Kai's. The first three letters in her name spell Kai's name," he laughed along with me.

A few minutes later, Logan's parents came into the room with Kai and Kane. The boys ran over to their daddy and me. They grinned widely when they saw Kaiya.

"Can I hold her?" Kane asked.

"Buddy, you'll have to sit down to hold her. You're still pretty little," I told him. Logan sat him down in a chair so he could hold Kaiya. Kai sat down in the chair right beside him.

Kane held Kaiya first, and he couldn't pull his eyes off of her. He was excited about his new baby sister. Kai was pretty excited, too. He got to hold Kaiya next, and he was happy that her name sounded a little like his.

Logan was eager to hold Kaiya again. He was so excited to be able to hold his newborn baby in his arms since he wasn't able to with the twins.

I loved seeing him with our baby girl in his arms. He was so happy, and that made me extremely happy. I was so glad he was back in my life. I wasn't expecting to have another baby so soon after he got back, but it worked out perfectly.

The rest of the day in the hospital was spent by just passing Kaiya around and looking at her, awed by how such a small being brought so much joy.

I knew that my relationship with Logan wasn't perfect for a while, during the time I was pregnant with the twins and the first three years of their lives, but Logan had come back. Now we had a stronger relationship than ever, with three kids now to pull on our sleeves and keep us together.

Our wedding was just around the corner. It wouldn't be too long after Kaiya's birth, but we wanted to wait just long enough. I wasn't sure if I could wait. I loved Logan so much and I wanted to announce that to the world, but I didn't need a ceremony for that. I showed that through how much I loved our family.

"Logan, I'm so glad you came back to me," I smiled at him, watching him as he held our beautiful newborn baby daughter.

He had the largest grin on his face as he replied, "It's like I never left."

~~~

I'm sorry it took so long! I had to write it and edit it and everything, which has been really hard with school how it is right now, but that's the end... I know you guys probably wanted to hear about their wedding but I'm sorry... (maybe I can write another bonus chapter and have it be their wedding? comment if you want that!)

I hope you guys enjoyed this story because I really enjoyed writing it! I got a lot of positive feedback from it, so I hope you liked it❤️

-Lizzie xx