Bonus Scene #1

hey everyone! i hope you guys are enjoying this story, and while i'm still working on the next chapter, here's a bonus chapter that i'd written from jaelyn's point of view that's set after chapter 8. i'm not sure when chapter 19 will be up, but i promise it'll be up soon:) love you all!

-Lizzie xx

~~~

("Lily, you're breaking his heart. I can't believe you anymore! You're hurting him just because you... just because you don't want him to know you're pregnant with his children!"

"I don't want to ruin his dreams!"

"But instead, you're breaking his heart," Jaelyn looked at me with a serious face before walking out of my room. She shut the door behind her when she left, and I was still there in my bed, lying and crying.)

*Jaelyn's POV*

I stormed out of Lily's room, extremely mad at her. I took her camera from the downstairs living room and locked myself in one of her house's bathrooms. I transferred the pictures and videos on the camera to my laptop. On my laptop, I created an email full of her belly pictures. I labeled them all with the number of weeks she was along and the dates they were taken. She'd just taken one this morning when she got up, even though that was rare for her nowadays.

I put all of the pictures in an email addressed to go to IRWIN, Logan.

I then added all of the videos from appointments. I put the dates on those with the number of weeks she was at the checkup. I also put in random videos I'd taken of her throughout the pregnancy.

At the top of the email, I explained everything: "Logan, I'm sorry you had to find out this way and that you had to find out this late. Lily is pregnant with your identical twin boys. She wouldn't allow anyone to tell you because she didn't want you to give up your dream of going to Harvard and becoming a pediatrician. She made everyone promise they wouldn't tell you. And by everyone, I mean everyone: your family, your family's friends, your friends from school, and everyone else. The godparents are going to be Mason and me, and I'm sure you'll be okay with that.

"I promised not to tell you, but after that phone call, I couldn't not tell you. This is why Lily didn't want you visiting her this summer. Trust me, she had tears in her eyes when she was telling you she didn't want to see you. She still loves you so very much.

"Her c-section is scheduled for tomorrow. I would suggest skipping classes tomorrow (like I'm doing) and waiting for me to FaceTime you. If you'd like, I could FaceTime you during her c-section so you can be one of the first to meet your babies. I won't tell you the names until tomorrow.

"I've thought about this, and I was thinking that when Lily leaves me alone to babysit, I could Skype you or FaceTime you so you could see the boys. I just really don't want you to miss out on much more than you already have.

"Please don't let Lily know I told you these things. She may not tell you herself for a very long time, so please don't tell her you knew before she decides to tell you. And please don't get mad at her. She was trying to protect you and your dreams by not telling you. I beg you to let her come to you when she's ready. Don't pry it out of her. And once again, please don't mention that I'm the one who told you. Thank you, and I hope you can reply soon. Enjoy all of the videos and pictures. Much love, Logan. -Jae<3"

I left the bathroom with the camera and my laptop. Noah looked at me weirdly, but I just giggled as I walked up the steps to get to Lily's room.

I made up with Lily after apologizing and talking for a bit. We talked for a while after that until Lily got tired soon after we ate supper. She fell asleep, and it gave me the perfect opportunity to check my emails. When I did, I saw that I had a response from Logan.

"Jae, I'm definitely shocked right now. I don't know how to feel right now. I'm feeling so many different emotions. I am mad because Lily assumed I wouldn't want to know about our baby boys... wow, it's weird to say! Plus, I'm also glad that Lily thought of my feelings a little bit (even though I'd rather know about my babies than go to Harvard, I'm still happy she thought of how I'd feel). I also feel ecstatic that my babies will be born tomorrow. It'll be the best day of my life, even better than when I found out I was accepted into Harvard.

"I would definitely want to FaceTime you during the c-section to see my boys and how beautiful they will look because of their gorgeous mum. My question is, how will Lily not know about you FaceTiming me? Plus, I'd love to Skype with you when you babysit my boys. Hopefully that will be a lot.

"I cannot wait until I find out what their names are. I'm sure they're both names that Lily and I had talked about before. They probably both start with Ka, because Lily and I always said we liked a lot of names that began with Ka.

"Also, thank you so much for telling me, Jaelyn. I can't thank you enough. I promise I won't let Lily know you told me. I'll let her come to me when she's ready. I look forward to Skyping a lot with you. Maybe I could even meet them in person over the summer. Someday, you could convince her to let you babysit all day while she does something with her mum, possibly. I would love to be able to meet my babies in person then, if that would be a possibility. Again, thank you so much. I'll see you tomorrow when you FaceTime me (because, yes, I'm skipping classes for the first time tomorrow.) Bye, Jaelyn. -Logan"

I was happy for Logan. Even though I'd broken the promise I made to Lily, it was worth it.