Chapter 2

The next day, I went back to school and tried to act as normal as possible. It was weird not having Logan there with me. I missed him so much, but I couldn't admit that to him when he called me.

My friends were mainly my dad's friends' kids. I hung out with the Hoods and the Cliffords. They were all a few years younger than me, but I grew up with them. They were my closest friends, and they had been since I was little.

I didn't want to tell them about my pregnancy because there was the possibility they'd tell their parents, then their parents would tell my parents. I couldn't take the chance. I loved them all to death, but I couldn't say anything.

Being a senior in high school with sophomore and freshmen friends was a little weird. My closest friend in my class was a girl named Jaelyn, who I've known since year one. We were in year thirteen, seniors and almost out of the school. I couldn't believe how fast it had gone.

I'd told Jaelyn everything, ever since we had become friends. I felt as if I couldn't tell her about my pregnancy, though. I knew I had to because I could trust her. It was hard to talk about, but I knew I would be okay if I was talking to Jaelyn.

I walked up to my locker that morning and motioned to Jaelyn a few lockers down to come over to my locker.

"What's up?" She asked me, her books in her arms.

"I have something to tell you, but I can't say it here. Come to my house after school," I told her. She nodded and headed off to class. I walked behind her after I got my books from my locker.

During most of the school day, I couldn't focus on what was happening in front of me. I was constantly thinking of what would happen when my parents found out, how I would tell them, and things like that. Then, I began to think about how Logan would react. He was halfway across the world, and he was at his dream school. I knew I wouldn't be telling him anytime soon.

When I thought of what would have happened the night before if I'd told my parents about the tests, I thought about my mum almost forcing me to tell Logan. I knew she'd try to get me to tell him, but I could put it in writing and promise her that I wouldn't tell him for a while.

As I sat in each of my classes, I weighed the pros and cons of not telling Logan about the baby. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I came up with so many different reasons for each side: to tell him or to not tell him. There was a long list of pros and cons of not telling Logan.

Pro: he would be able to be at Harvard without feeling guilty. Con: he wouldn't know he had a child.

Pro: We wouldn't have to worry about trying to get them to see each other. Con: they wouldn't ever see each other.

Pro: he would be able to continue studying at Harvard, his dream school. Con: our child would grow up without a dad.

Pro: Logan wouldn't be giving up everything just for me and the baby like I thought about when my parents caught me sneaking back into the house. Con: It would be hard to keep from him.

Pro: I wouldn't have to go through the rough process of telling him that I was pregnant. Con: if he ever did find out, he'd be mad at me.

Pro: we wouldn't be together just for the baby. I knew we didn't want to break up in the first place and that we wanted to get back together, but if we got back together because of the baby, it would feel forced. Con: we wouldn't be a "happy family" like we'd always wanted.

Pro: he would be able to go on with life as normal. Con: I would have to live with the guilt of not telling my child about his or her father.

In the end, I had the same amount of pros as I did cons. To me, the pros seemed stronger. I really didn't want Logan to leave Harvard just for me and our child. Maybe someday I'd tell him about our child, but I knew I wasn't able to at that time. I knew it would be best to not tell him for a while.