Chapter 6

Weeks flew by with babysitting and spending time with Jaelyn being the only things going on in my life other than school. Most of the time, I was at Jaelyn's house, she was at mine, or I was babysitting. I couldn't believe how the first trimester of my pregnancy had gone by so fast.

For my "six-week-anniversary" of being pregnant (or at least Jaelyn called it that), Jaelyn had bought me a camera to document the pregnancy, just in case my parents would want to know what had happened in the weeks where they didn't know, or if Logan wanted to see it someday. Jaelyn told me she didn't want me to use my phone just in case one of my family members got on it. So I took daily pictures on it, and Jaelyn used it to take vlogs of me when we went for checkups or if I was having cravings and she thought it was funny. I don't know how I would've made it through the pregnancy without Jaelyn.

Jaelyn and I set up a date to go in for my twelve-week check up. It was today, September 16, 2031. I was surprised how fast these babies were growing. I wouldn't yet be able to know the genders, but I knew I would be able to know if they're fraternal or identical. I went to Jaelyn's house again after school, and I was excited like I usually was for a checkup.

Claire, Jaelyn's mum, still wouldn't let me pay for my check ups because she told me to continue to save up for cribs, nappies, clothes, and nursery items. I thanked her a billion times every check up I had.

Jaelyn drove me to my checkup, and on the way there, we talked about if we thought they were fraternal or identical. We had a pretty long discussion about that.

"I think they'll be fraternal," I told Jaelyn. She nodded and agreed with me.

"I think they will be, too. A boy and a girl," Jaelyn smiled at the thought.

"Well, we won't know the gender yet today," I explained, "but we will know whether they're fraternal or not, which we both think they will be."

"Still, I want you to have a boy and a girl. I think that would be so cute. A mini Lily and a mini Logan."

I choked up at the mention of his name. I'd been doing all of this by myself the whole time that I constantly forget about how Logan was the father. I did agree with her, though. It would be cute to have a boy and a girl. That's not what I cared about, though. I just wanted to have healthy babies and to have my parents be okay with all of this. I still hadn't told them, but I knew I'd have to soon. I stressed about that a little, even though I knew it wasn't good for the babies. I couldn't help but worry about what my parents would say.

"Have you thought any more about telling Logan?" Jaelyn asked after there had been too long of a silence.

"Not exactly. I still don't want to tell him yet. I've made up my mind. You know that," I told her defensively.

"What if he comes back in a while to visit and he sees you, thirty weeks pregnant with twins? What will you tell him then?" She questioned me.

"I'll tell him the truth then, but I won't tell him before that. I don't want him knowing. I want to keep it a secret. Please stop bothering me about it."

"I'm sorry," she apologized as we pulled into the doctor's office. Once we found a parking spot, Jaelyn parked the car and we both got out simultaneously. We walked side-by-side into the office. We checked in and were soon called back.

"Miss Hemmings," Doctor Jacobson greeted me. I smiled at him and nodded as if to greet him as well. "We're going to run some tests to make sure everything is all right, then I'll send Claire in for the sonogram. You'll be able to find out if you're having fraternal or identical because you're twelve weeks now. Do you have a guess?"

"Fraternal," Jaelyn and I answered at the same time.

"A boy and a girl," Jaelyn added, "even though we won't find out genders yet today."

"Well, I'm happy for you, Lily. And as for you, Jaelyn, I think you're a little too excited about your best friend's pregnancy." Doctor Jacobson chuckled before he warned me about getting ready to stick a needle in my arm to take blood.

Jaelyn began filming me right before the doctor took the needle from my arm. "So, Lily, how are you feeling right now?"

"Not too bad. I'm excited, really excited. I can't wait to find out if the babies are fraternal or identical. This is a really big deal to me. Will my babies look the same or different? I don't know yet, but we'll find out soon."

Doctor Jacobson had left, and he had sent Claire into the room. She began the sonogram, and Jaelyn filmed her. Claire showed us baby A and baby B. I smiled at the screen, knowing that I'd gotten over the shock of the pregnancy.

"So, what will she be having? Fraternal? Identical? Wait! Before you want to say anything, I want a record of what the mommy thinks," Jaelyn turned the camera to me.

"I think they might be fraternal," I told the camera.

"Same here!" Jaelyn exclaimed, and her mum giggled a little.

"Jaelyn, you seem more excited than Lily," she told us.

"Trust me, I'm not," Jaelyn said to her mum and nudged me.

"So, could you tell us what I'm having now? I think your daughter is dying over here, and I know that I am for sure."

"Well, Lily, give me a minute to tell. Usually, it's pretty easy to tell, but I need to move this around a little with yours," Claire informed us. Jaelyn sighed, and I giggled at her reaction. When Claire spoke again, she only spoke one word: "Identical."

---

Hey, guys! I really hope you're enjoying this story so far because I've worked really hard on it! Love you guys:)
-Lizzie xx