Chapter 17

Weeks passed, and Logan and I were getting ready for our gender reveal party. Neither of us knew what we were having, but Claire did. She was the one who bought the piñata and filled it with either pink or blue confetti. I was excited to find out what we were having.

"What do you think we're having?" Logan asked me as we were setting up for the party.

"I'm not sure, but I'm tempted to smash that piñata and find out right now," I chuckled.

"Let's not," he shook his head, laughing.

We continued to set up for the party, and soon, people were showing up to my parents' house, where we were having the party. I was getting more excited by the second. Claire had also made cupcakes, and we would eat them after the gender reveal, because they had specific-colored icing in them.

"Because your mom knows, do you?" I asked Jaelyn. She shook her head.

"Even though I'm living back at home now, she wasn't telling me, and I didn't want her to tell me because I wanted to find out at the same time as everyone else," she smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you don't know. I wouldn't want my best friend knowing before me," I told her, and she faked being offended.

"Don't worry, Lily, I understand," she laughed.

"I'm glad," I nodded and went to greet more family friends at the door.

Once everyone was at the party that we expected, Logan and I looked at each other and smiled. We knew it was getting close to the one that we'd announce what we were having. We couldn't wait to find out.

My mom walked down the stairs with Kai and Kane after their nap. They ran over to Logan and me, so we picked them up.

"Are you ready to find out if you're getting a brother or sister?" I asked Kane, who I'd picked up.

"Yes!" He exclaimed.

"Well, we'll find out pretty soon," I assured him.

All of our guests and family were going to eat a little bit before we found out, so we wouldn't be finding out right away, but I was still really excited.

"I can't wait to find out," I smiled at Logan, bouncing on my feet.

"You've told me that probably twenty times now. I'm excited, too, but you keep telling me," he chuckled.

"I know, I'm just super excited. I'll finally be able to know what the gender is of the baby I'm carrying. I don't know why, but I wasn't this excited with the boys," I shrugged and kissed Kane's head. "Maybe because you weren't here to find out with me."

"I bet that's it," he smiled and pulled me into a side hug.

"Now, I've gotta go get some food! The baby's yelling at me because I haven't eaten in a while!" I told Logan as I walked over to where we had all of the food set up.

"Fifteen minutes?" Logan wondered, chuckling.

As I stood at the food table with Kane in my arms, I talked to a few people that I hadn't talked to in a while. I talked to some people that my dad knew when he was still in the band, people that I knew when I was just young, like Adam.

"I couldn't believe it when your dad told me that he had a two-year-old daughter, and here you are, about twenty years later with twins of your own and pregnant with another. I never would've thought that the boys' kids would be together when they were older, but look at you and Logan!" Adam exclaimed, and I nodded.

"I know, it's crazy. I grew up with Logan, and as a kid, I never thought I'd have his twins, be carrying another of his, and be engaged to him. Life's crazy," I shook my head, laughing.

"You've got that right," he nodded, then smiled at Kane and walked away.

I ate a little bit, then walked over to Claire. She handed me the piñata and a stick. "Are you ready?" She wondered.

"More than you know!" I exclaimed. I sat Kane down and motioned Logan over. He sat Kai down and hung the piñata up for us.

We weren't going to put on blindfolds like we were at a children's party because we were adults. We were going to hold up each of the twins and let them hit it first, then we'd each take a swing at it.

After it was hung up, I picked up Kai and gave him the stick. I held him close to the piñata so he would be close enough to hit it.

He swung at it with all his might, and he made it move a little. He got excited and hit it again, causing everyone to laugh. Then, we have Kane the stick, and Logan held him up toward the piñata. He did just as his brother and hit it twice, but nothing happened.

I decided that I would hit it next, and I was able to hit it pretty hard, but nothing fell out. Next, Logan hit it as hard as he could, and pink confetti flew everywhere: on top of us and the twins, and even on top of some of the guests who were watching what was happening. Logan and I looked at each other and smiled.

"We're having a girl," I smiled at him, giving him and a huge hug, or at least the best hug I could give him past my twenty-week baby bump.

"I'm so excited," he grinned widely and hugged me back before picking up both of the twins and swinging them around. "You're getting a baby sister!!!"

"Yay!" Both of the twins exclaimed. I knew they'd wanted a sister. They had both told me they wanted a sister because they already had a brother.

My family and friends all congratulated Logan and me, and I was as happy as could be.