Chapter 3

After a few seconds of silence had passed, Jaelyn looked at me and smiled, both sympathetically and triumphantly. She began to answer Logan after that.

"I'm just at Lily's house right now. She wants to talk to you about something," Jaelyn spoke into the phone that I had stopped trying to grab from her. She handed the phone to me, trusting me not to end the call now. I stopped myself from crying to talk to him just for a minute.

"Hey Logan," I spoke into the phone.

"Hi, Lil. I miss you so much," he told me. I realized that if it was seven in the evening here, it would be three in the morning there. I could tell by his groggy voice that we had woken him up, and I felt so bad. He sounded sexy with his voice like that, but I still was mad that Jaelyn had woke him up.

"I miss you too, Logan," I choked the words out.

"So what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" He wondered. His voice reminded me of that one night, about three weeks before he left. It was amazing, but I now regretted it.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm proud of you for getting into Harvard," I told him, holding back my tears as much as I could.

"That's it?" He wondered, chuckling a little bit. He didn't say it as though he was mad we'd woke him up. He said it desperately like he wanted to hear more from me.

"Yeah, that's it. And that I still love you even though we're not dating anymore," I told him, not begging him to get back with me. I just wanted to let him know that I loved him and that I was okay with not being his girlfriend anymore, even though it secretly broke my heart.

Jaelyn punched my arm softly as if trying to get me to tell him about the baby. I wouldn't give in, and I was now the one who was smiling triumphantly.

"I love you, too, Lily. I'll talk to you soon." As he spoke, I could tell he was smiling even though I couldn't see him. I missed him terribly and I wished he was still here next to me, but no one could know that.

I said goodbye as well and hung up the phone, tossing it onto my bed.

*Logan's POV*

When she spoke the words "even though we're not dating anymore," it broke my heart. I'd hoped that a long distance relationship would work between us, but apparently, she didn't believe it would. It did feel wonderful to know that she still loved me, however.

I was surprised when that's all she said to me. Because of what Jaelyn said, it seemed like Lily had something to announce to me. I wondered if she was hiding something from me, but I pushed that thought aside because I knew she'd never keep something from me; something of importance, anyways.

*Lily's POV*

I looked at Jaelyn and began to cry once again. I couldn't keep track of how many times if cried that night. It was a crazy amount of times, I knew for sure. Jaelyn put her arms around me and squeezed me tight.

"I'm sorry for putting you in that position. That was wrong of me to force that upon you when you really didn't want to talk to him. I just need you to tell him about that beautiful baby inside of your stomach. He needs to know, and he needs to know soon," she spoke and looked at me sternly.

"I can't, Jae, and it's my decision. If I want to tell him now, I'll call him now. If I want to tell him when the baby turns ten, that's when I'll tell him. You can't tell me when to tell Logan." I looked at her powerfully.

"That's true. I can't. But I can influence you to tell him earlier rather than later."

"You could try, but you will never succeed. I am not telling Logan right now, and I am not telling my family yet. You can't tell your family either. And don't let the Hoods or the Cliffords know if you see them. I can't take the chance of my parents finding out anytime soon. I know they'll have to accept it, but I can't deal with telling them right now. With just finding out yesterday, it's caused so much stress, and I know I can't be having that because it could hurt the baby," I explained to her. "So please don't tell anyone."

"I promise I won't. But please, assure me that you'll go to a doctor sometime soon," she begged.

"You know I can't. They'll bill my parents. I can't have them finding out that way," I told her, thinking too much and causing more stress for myself.

"Lily, listen. My mum works in the office at the doctor's office here in town. If you go to her doctor's office, I can assure you that she will not bill your parents. If you'll let me, I'll tell her about your situation, and she'll help. I promise. You really need to start prenatal vitamins as soon as possible. Please. I don't want the baby to suffer just because you wouldn't tell your parents right away." Jaelyn looked at me, genuinely concerned. I nodded as I studied her face.

"I'll tell her tonight, and I'll take you in tomorrow after school. Tell your mum you're coming to my house, okay? I'll let you know more tomorrow at school," she told me, excited for me that I would be able to see a doctor. Whenever I thought about going to the doctor's office, all I could think of was Logan, at Harvard in the USA, studying to become a doctor. Even after Jaelyn left, I still thought about everything we'd talked about, even the positives. I thought about names and I thought of how this baby would affect my life. For the first time since I found out the day before, I believed I was starting to overcome the shock, but I wasn't quite ready yet.

~~~

It's been a few days since I've updated, so here's the next chapter😁
-Lizzie xx