Chapter 15

The next morning, I woke up fully rested. Logan wasn't there beside me, but he came back into the room a few minutes after I woke up. He looked very tired, and I hated to see him like that. He had work today, and he had to go in tired. I knew I should've helped that night.

"Logan, I'm sorry you have to go to work tired. I should've helped you with the boys last night. How bad was it?" I wondered as he sat down on the bed.

"It wasn't too bad, but I laid up most of the night, worrying about how they were feeling. It's not fun having two sick kids. It's torture."

"I know," I nodded, frowning. "I'll take care of them this morning. You go get ready for work."

"Okay. Thanks, Lil," he smiled, kissing me quickly before walking into my bathroom to take a shower.

I walked into the boys' room and sat at the edge of their beds, waiting to see if they needed me. Occasionally, they would say something to me, but they didn't throw up at all that morning. I figured it was because they didn't have much in their system. They didn't feel like eating the day before, so they didn't eat much at all.

When Logan was ready, he told me that he had to leave for work in ten minutes. "Do you want to take the tests now, so I know before work?" He wondered.

"Yeah, that would be great," I smiled at him. I didn't show it on the outside, but I was really worried about what the outcome of the tests was going to be.

I walked into the bathroom and took the tests, then waited in my bedroom with Logan for five minutes. I was glad we weren't interrupted by the boys because neither of us was thinking straight during those five minutes.

When the five minutes were up, Logan and I looked at each other for a second before standing up. As we walked into the bathroom, Logan put his one arm around my waist and put his other hand on my stomach. I could tell he was as nervous as I was.

We looked at the tests, and one was positive. The other was negative. When we saw this, we looked at each other quizzically. I wasn't sure what it meant.

"There can't ever be a false positive," Logan said quietly as if he wished he didn't know that. "At-home pregnancy tests detect the hCG hormone, a hormone that is produced during pregnancy. If there is hCG detected, the test is positive. We're pregnant, Lil."

"We still don't know that for sure. One of the tests is wrong, and we should go get a sonogram done tonight after you get home to make sure," I told him.

"What will we do with the boys?" He wondered, agreeing that we should get a sonogram.

"We can take them to my parents' house and tell her that we wanted some alone time to talk about what we'll be doing now that you're in their lives. They'll believe us, so we can go get a sonogram done to be sure," I explained to him, and he nodded.

"Well, I have to get going to work. I'll see you tonight, Lily," he promised. He kissed me on the forehead and pecked my lips. The whole time, he had both hands on my stomach. He knew the truth, that I was pregnant, but I wouldn't admit it to myself yet.

"Okay," I nodded as I walked with him to the boys' room. He said goodbye to the boys then turned around to me and kissed my lips once again.

"I love you," he whispered. I whispered it back, and he left.

------

When Logan came back that evening, I already had the boys' things packed and ready to go to my parents' house. I put their coats on and got them to walk toward the door. They were both still trudging around, but I got them to the door when they saw their daddy was there.

"Daddy!" they both exclaimed as they walked a little faster to hug him.

"Woah, woah. Take it easy," Logan warned them as he hugged them both.

"Ks, Mummy and Daddy are going to go out for a little while on their own. You boys are going to Grammy and Pappy Hemmings' house, okay?" I smiled at the boys, grabbing their backpack.

"Okay," the boys agreed.

"Ks?" Logan asked. I chuckled, remembering that I'd forgotten to tell him about the nickname.

"That's what Jae and I call the boys since their names both start with a K. They're 'Ks.'" I smiled at him. I loved using the nickname with the boys.

"That's cute," he smiled back at me before looking at the time. "We should get going. Your appointment is in thirty minutes, and we still need to drop the boys off. Let's go."

"Yeah. Come on, boys," I told them, grabbing each of them in my arms. Logan took Kai out of my right arm and carried him to the car. We soon got them both in and began our travels to my parents' house.

When we arrived at my parents' house, I got both of the boys out of their seats. I lifted them out of the car and stood them beside the car. Logan grabbed Kane's bag, and I grabbed Kai's bag. When I looked to where I had sat the boys down, they weren't there. They had gone up onto my parents' porch and were opening the door. They just walked right in without knocking. I had to giggle to myself, but I ran after them and grabbed both of them in my arms before they got too far into the house. I knew they would've tried to scare Grammy or Pappy if they'd gotten the chance.

"Mum, Dad, it's Lily," I yelled through the house, hoping one of them would hear. Logan and I couldn't spend much time there because I had to make it to my appointment on time. I heard footsteps walking toward me.

"Lily," Dad smiled. Logan rushed in behind me.

"Logan...?" Dad looked at him skeptically. "He... what?"

"He knows, Dad. He's known all along. But it's a long story, and I was wondering if you guys could keep Ks tonight? Logan and I were wanting to go out so we can talk about how it's going to work with having him in the boys' lives. Would you be able to keep them?"

"Yeah, of course," he nodded.

"Thank you so much, Dad. Tell Mom and Noah I'll talk to them when I come back to pick them up. I love you," I smiled, putting Kai's bag down in the hallway. I kissed the boys goodbye, grabbed Logan's hand, and left.