Chapter 5

The next day, we decided that Jaelyn would come over to my house. I figured that's how it would be most often for the next few months. I'd go over to her house a day, she'd come to mine the next.

When we got home from school, Noah immediately went to the basement to play his video games. Jaelyn and I ran upstairs. We began to talk even more about the babies and my plan.

"I talked to my mum about those babysitting jobs last night. She talked to some of the parents needing babysitters, and I have a babysitting job tonight. I'm babysitting two kids for three hours so the parents can have a nice evening out. I think it'll be great to take care of kids since I'll need to pretty soon," I explained to Jaelyn. She nodded excitedly.

"That's great that you're getting those jobs. You'll really need the money, too. How much is it paying?" She wondered.

"My mum told me they'd pay me six dollars an hour per kid. That's thirty-six dollars for two kids, three hours," I smiled.

"That's good. Do you think it will become a regular thing?" She asked.

"Well, today is Wednesday, and that family wants me to babysit every week on Wednesdays. Also, I have a family with four kids wanting me to babysit for five hours on Friday, and they're paying me five dollars per hour per kid, one hundred dollars total," I smiled. I knew I was going to like babysitting.

"You should try to find a family with twins so you can see what it's like," she told me.

"I already have! On Saturday, a family with three kids, four-month-old twins and a three-year-old, want me to babysit from three that afternoon to midnight. That's nine hours, and they're paying me seven dollars per hour, per kid! Mainly because their twins are so young, though," I said to her. I got really excited with that one. "They have an adults-only wedding to go to."

"That's going to be a lot of money, Lily," she congratulated me. She knew I would need all of that money for the babies.

"I've thought about what all the money will go towards, and for a few weeks, I'll save up for cribs. Then I'll work on nappies, then clothes, then toys, and so on," I told her.

"You've made a complete 180-turn since yesterday. You passed out yesterday, but now you're really excited," she laughed as she said the last sentence.

"I know—" I began to say when my door clicked open. My dad walked in and stood by my closet, right in front of my bed.

"Hey, Dad," I smiled, hoping we'd been quiet enough.

"Hey, sweetie. I went out with the boys today. Mikey and Cal said you haven't been hanging out with their kids as much at school, and Ash wants to know how you're doing," he said to me, smiling sort of sympathetically.

With all of the excitement from the babysitting jobs and the news of having twins made me forget about Logan for a day. Even though I was carrying his children, I had forgotten about him for a little while.

"Yeah, I'm doing a lot better now. And I haven't been very social at school, I know. I haven't talked to the Hoods or Cliffords much lately. Plus, they're in different grades than I am, so it's sort of hard to talk to them anyway. But yeah, I'm okay," I smiled at him. I wanted him to leave the room so I could talk to Jaelyn more. I knew she would have to leave soon because the kids I was going to babysit were coming over at five.

Dad smiled and left soon after that. Jaelyn and I talked much more after that until she decided to leave a few minutes before five. She wished me good luck with the babysitting before driving toward her own house.

I started to get dinner ready for the kids that were coming over. They were three and five, so they could eat the foods I was eating. All I made was hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, and fruit punch. I decided they'd like that.

Halfway through the cooking of the macaroni and cheese, the doorbell rang. I placed the wooden spoon over the top of the pot and walked to the door.

A woman stood there with a little girl, three years old, and a little boy, five years old. She thanked me for babysitting and gave instructions. I made sure with her that it was okay for them to eat what I was making. She told me that was fine, then left.

I led the kids into the kitchen and let them sit at the island until I finished making dinner. When it was finished, I put it on plates for them and sat down with them to eat.

We all ate together, and I enjoyed it so much. The five-year-old was able to eat by himself, but the three-year-old girl still wanted me to cut up her hot dog for her. Once I did this, she ate by herself, and I ate as well.

When we were finished with dinner, I put our plates in the sink, knowing I would wash them after they left. I took the kids into the living room and started playing with them.

It was good that my mum had kept most of mine and Noah's toys from when we were little, so I let the kids play with them. The little boy, whose name was Alexander, played with Noah's old trucks while his sister Annabelle and I played with my old dolls.

After a while, they both got tired of playing with toys. I suggested watching a movie, and they loved the idea. I wanted to show them a movie that I loved when I was a kid. I didn't know that they'd ever seen it, but once I started the movie, it was obvious that they had seen it before. I knew I had to watch The Lion King again because it was one of my favorites as a kid. I made a promise to myself to show my twins the movie, someday.

Annabelle fell asleep early in the movie. She was seated in my lap, and I smiled down at her when I realized she was asleep. Alexander looked over at her and chuckled slightly.

"She falls asleep so easily," he shook his head. "She never watches the whole movie."

Soon, I found his statement ironic. He fell asleep when we were only about forty-five minutes into the movie. His head fell onto my shoulder as he slept, and I thought it was adorable. These two kids made me want to become a mother even more.

Before the movie was over, my mum walked into the living room and saw me with both of the kids. She smiled at me and I told her how much I loved kids. I wanted to see what she would say to that.

"Don't get any ideas," she joked and chuckled as she walked out of the room. Too late...

Not too long after the movie ended, their mother showed up. Alexander had woken up, and he walked over to his mother after giving me a hug. I handed the woman a sleeping Annabelle. When I did this, Annabelle woke up just barely, and she reached toward me. Her mother let out a small giggle and handed her back to me. Anna gave me a big hug, smiled at me, and gave me a kiss on the cheek, then went back to her mum.

The mum paid me and left with her adorable children after thanking me. I smiled widely at her and told her it was my pleasure, which it definitely was. I knew babysitting would get me even more excited for my twins to come.