•15•

I woke up and stretched, forgetting that I was completely naked.  I didn't feel Pac's body but from the corner of my eye I saw him sitting by the window with headphones on.

He was writing in his notepad and silently rapping to himself. Lately, it wasn't poetry that he's been reciting; It was now rhymes and I found that strange.

I laid on my side and rested my head on my palm.

"You wonder why they call you bitch... hmm... ima get Shaniece to do back up vocals." He said to himself.

"Don't think I've ever heard of her." I spoke up, startling him.

"Hey goodmorning, beautiful." He closed his notepad and took off his headphones.

"Goodmorning. What were you up to?" I questioned.

Pac walked over to me and planted a kiss on my lips.

"Remember Roxanne?" He asked as he sat on the bed.

"The lady from the park that your friends were clowning on?" I thought hard.

"Yeah, her. Word around town is that she dead now... AIDS." He shook his head.

"Dang... Forreal? That shit wiping our people out faster than the guns on the street." I responded.

"Yeah... she hated when people called her 'bitch', so I wrote a lil somethin for her. It ain't done yet, and it definitely ain't the type of thing to be recited at her funeral." He smirked.

"Why? Is it disrespectful?"

"Nah... its real and folks can't handle that too tough." He responded.

"What about her kids?" I raised an eyebrow.

"The system got em. I heard Her mama is fighting for them, though."

"That's ill." I shook my head.

"Nah, what's ill is your breath! Go go brush your teeth." Pac smiled.

"Shut up, punk" I obnoxiously exhaled in his face.

"Come on Mo, you knockin out my damn brain cells. How ima change the world?"

***

3 Years Later

"I'm tired of your groupies, Pac! I mean this... is getting out of hand!" I picked up a pair of panties from the box with a pen.

Tupac's fan mail was through the fuckin roof.

"What it smell like?" He laughed as he lit a joint.

"It's not funny, fool. These heffa's don't respect your girl!" I spat.

"We can't control what others do but we can control our reactions to their nonsense. I respect you, baby. That's all that matters." He kissed my forehead.

"Uhhuh and that Jada chick.... I don't like how she was looking at you. The bitch looks like a seductive cat. I know you doing this little show and everything, but don't lose ya grip on reality. I was here first..." I held a finger up to his chest.

"Aw, Mo... Jada's cool. It's just business, baby. Chill out." Pac blew smoke.

I sucked my teeth and sat down.

As I predicted, Tupac blew the hell up. His role in Juice made him a instant celebrity and get this... he started rapping. Ain't that boutta bald head bitch? He swore up and down that wasn't his typa game and who would've known this nigga was lying.

As Pac's main squeeze, The fame was overwhelming. Girls were literally throwing themselves at him like gnats on a banana. I could only smack so many hoochies before my hands got tired.