•33•

I stood there unable to speak as I stared back at the one and only Michael Jackson.

On the inside, I was going postal.

"It's so nice to meet you. You're stunning." He smiled, making my knees weak.

"Thank- thank you." I stammered.

"Come in. Come in. We have so much to discuss. I know you're probably confused about a lot." Michael took me by the hand.

"My mother used to listen to you..." I continued to stare at him in disbelief.

"Did she? What was her favorite song?" He asked as he lead me upstairs.

"She loved Off The Wall. But she used to have Blame It On The Boogie on repeat. It was well between those two."

"Where is she now?" He questioned.

"She passed away some time ago."

"Awwh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Come here, the greatest loss you can experience is the one of your mother's." Michael took me in his arms. He smelled of the sweetest colognes and hair products.

The hug was random but I lived for every second.

Michael wasn't around my age but he sure was fine. His skin was no longer black, his nose was no longer wide and his hair resembled that of a Hispanic's but regardless of all of that, this man was still a God to me.

"Ya know, I've always had a secret thing for women of your type, Monika." He did a small laugh.

"My type...? I thought you liked yourself some white women." I raised a eyebrow.

"Ha... that's why I said secret. The sistas ain't been feeling me too much since I've gon pale. So, I'm forced to deal with these cracker women." He laughed, causing me to laugh too.

"Oh? So what black woman you got a crush on?" I sat in a throne-like seat across from him.

"That Queen Latifah is baddd. You think I'd have a shot?" Michael asked as he pulled out a book.

"Somethin tells me she ain't too into dudes." I held my hands up.

"I'm Michael Jackson. Okay? She gon be into me wether she likes it or not." He smirked.

"Go head with ya bad self." I giggled.

"So... Biggie told me you're having a bit of a problem with our little friend, Suge. He's actually a huge fan of mine. He's also a hemorrhoid in the ass, but you'll last a lot longer when you're not afraid of him. You mind filling me in on what's going on? Biggie didn't tell me much." Michael crossed his legs.

I began to tell him everything that's been going on and how my life just turned into the damn twilight zone.

He sat quietly and never broke eye contact.

"I've seen Suge do some wicked stuff but this is low... even for him. You're at the right place, though. So we're gonna take a look in this here book. You have the other book, right?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, right here." I pulled the book out of my purse, pushing it across the table.

"Perfect. So let me just explain... Suge Knight is your average well dressed psychopath. I need you to know, there's no killing him and getting away with it. However, he possesses something that gives him power and makes him feared. Look-" he had a page open to a blueprint sketch of a chain.

"The medallion?" I asked.

"Right. You need to get this. How? Well that's the tricky part. You gotta be willing to get your hands dirty and take risks."

"Meaning?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Break into his home while he's asleep and take it from around his neck then run like hell. You gotta go somewhere far and break it as soon as you get the chance. Make sure you throw the remains into a river, ocean, or any body of water. That's important."

"What's the origin of the medallion ?" I asked.

"Oh, it's been passed down for centuries, stemming from evil rulers in Christ's era. That chain has years and years of bloodshed on it. No one has been brave enough to try to destroy it. Everyone who got their hands on it used it to their benefit. I trust you can make a change, Monika. Biggie told me you were a tough cookie." Michael smiled at me.

I thought a while. I knew I wanted everything to come to a end, but what if I didn't make it out alive? I was scared.

"Hey, if I didn't see potential in you when I opened them doors downstairs, we wouldn't have made it this far in the conversation. You have what it takes. Besides, I know you want things to go back to normal. All wicked things come from that medallion." He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I do want things back to normal... but what about his security? What if I get caught? that's my ass!" I exclaimed.

"Suge changes locations frequently so he doesn't need security. Believe it or not, he goes for small apartments so he's not an easy target. He may be most feared, but he's not bulletproof. This is where he's staying now." Michael slid me a note with an address.

"Here. You're gonna need this." He gave me a small silver key.

"What's this?"

"A skeleton key. Gets you through any door with a keyhole."

I exhaled.

My phone began to ring. I looked at my beeper and it was Dijah.

"Sorry, Michael. Let me just- hello?" I picked up.

"Girl they done locked Tupac up. He bout to do time!" She hollered into the phone.

My heart sank.

"Shit, the rape situation?" I asked.

"Yup."

"No bail?" I asked.

"Nope. Girl he in there for assault and mad other shit. You know them white folks like to drag them charges. I know Pac ain't do none of that shit, man."

"I know he didn't either. Look girl, I soon head home. I'll call you when I'm on my way back."

"Alright. Be safe. Love you."

"Love you too." I hung up.

"You said this will make everything go back to normal, right?" I returned my attention back to a wine-sipping Michael.

"Yes."

I took a deep breath.

"Okay. I'm in."

***