•51•

"That was delicious, Tamaré, thank you." I appreciated her for the bomb ass meal she made for us.

"How did you get African and Spanish food to come together like that? I mean, blue fish and rice and beans ?!?" Keke asked as she dug into some more food.

"Well that's what happens when you take your roots with you wherever you go and learn some new thangs along the way. I'm glad you ladies enjoyed it." Tamaré smiled.

"Monika, we have indoor healing waters and they're surrounded by the finest chakra and crystals. I was told to take you there, we have some blessing to do. Now my grandma? That was her fountain of youth. Homegirl knew some things about spiritism, I believe them crystals is why she lived so long. "

"Is it like a jacuzzi?" I asked.

"Not that hot, we don't want you giving birth before it's time. We just need you to woosah and release. Get it all out, you know? We need you at your best before you deliver."

I nodded in agreement.

"Okay, that sounds therapeutic."

"Care to follow me?" Tamaré stood up and held a hand out.

I quickly grabbed it, feening to see these miraculous waters.

"My mama said I shouldn't swim after eating." I paused.

"Bitch you ain't swimming. Sit yo pregnant ass in that water and catch all the blessings you can get!" Keke spoke with a chicken bone in her mouth.

"I assure you,  you'll be fine." Tamaré gave a soft smile.

She lead me past a garden as we talked about nature and it's scenery. Tamaré had a thing for beauty, she found it in most things and it was interesting to hear her view on things. She could explain things almost poetically and at times, I'd catch myself thinking of Pac.

We entered what looked like a nice shed from the outside but when we got in, there were spiraling steps right in the middle of the room headed downstairs.

Everything was decorated, draped in black and gold.

"Tupac would have loved this. These are his favorite colors." I said as I looked around.

"As they should've been, black is almighty and gold is royalty." Tamaré replied.

I heard what sounded like water fountains.

"What's that?"

"If you're done gawking at the decor, we got some blessed waters to bathe you in, hun." Tamaré pursed her lips.

"Oh, my bad. Let's go..."

***

"Woah..."

"Mhmmmmmm

"Mhmmmmmm. This is my favorite place in the world. I call it... Natura. Please, get undressed. Here are your sandals. I'll just face this way." Tamaré turned her back.