•17•

I stood backstage and waited for Pac to finish up his performance. "Ambitionz az a ridah" banged throughout the arena as his fans rapped along and the women screamed.

"Yeah, yeah... westside! aye, what that fat nigga had to say about me? what Bad Boy had to say about me? these niggas don't put no fear in my heart, fuck Biggie!" Pac barked into the mic.

My eyes widened as the crowd went wild and chanted "fuck B.I.G"- I ran up to the side of the stage and looked at Tupac in disbelief.

"What his black ass just said?!?" I asked the sound producer.

"You heard right, Biggie and Pac are beefing. You didn't know? and you call yourself a girlfriend." He scoffed.

"Scott- catch your face before I do. What is this bullshit over?" I asked.

"B.I.G is rising as the king of the East and your boo is already the king of the West... typical rivalry of sides." Scott shrugged.

I rubbed my temples "This man swear he's from Cali..." I exhaled.

"Can't front, his fanbase is major out here. This can become a big fuckin deal if they don't cut the nonsense out now."

I watched Pac as he performed.

"Who you tellin?"

***

"Why the fuck you claiming you fucked his girl?! you out here lookin a damn fool! we've been together all this time, so what's the truth, Pac?! I been down for you but I ain't down for this shit!" I snapped.

"That nigga wanna try to clown me, nah! his bitch is a hoe. fuck that! She asked me to fuck so that's what I'm runnin with." Pac responded, delivering a blow.

"But, you released that song! you're gonna start something big, Pac! Don't let this power get to your head, you ain't bulletproof, fool!"

Tupac stopped and looked me dead in the eye.

"I aint gotta be, but believe me, ima be the last muhfucka breathin." He snarled before swinging his back. "I'm out to the studio. Meet me there when you're done sucking Big's dick."

The door slammed and I stood there in disbelief. I snapped out of it when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Mo! what's going on with Amaru?! Everyone's been blowing up my telly! Is he alright?" Lisa spoke.

"Oh, he's fine. He's on a power trip and he's acting a complete ass. You gotta talk to your cousin before I leave his ass..." I exhaled as I zipped up my boots.

"My cousin feeling unstoppable, huh? I saw this shit comin..." Lisa exhaled.

"Well, I didn't! I thought he was gonna hold it together. He ain't the humble cat I fell for. He's straight buggin like he can't get caught up. Pac ain't untouchable, Left!" My voice strained.

"I know, Mo. Woosah. I told you to bring ya ass down here- now look, Amaru finna drive you off the wall. I know you've had it ... but your tolerance is just gonna have to grow dealing with this. Tupac is a lot of things but stupid ain't one of them. Remember that." She spoke.

"I know. How's Honduras? You need to come back to me. Chili and T-boz are missing you too! We all need our ball of sunshine back." I smiled.

"It's amazing. So different from the big city. Sometimes you gotta enjoy the natural stuff that God placed on this earth. Some parts of the world are breathtaking... next time you gotta come. I'm bringing all my girls. Ain't none of you hoochies staying behind." She giggled.