•19•

I arrived home and Pac was nowhere to be found. I dropped my purse and paged him.
I walked over to our room and saw that he'd made a stop home and changed clothes.

I raised my eyebrow when I saw a crumpled up piece of paper on the floor. I bent down to pick it up and I opened it.

"Jada cat eyes- 222-538-7784" I read out loud.

I rolled my tongue over my front teeth and grabbed my phone.

I dialed the number and called it.

"Pac? I thought you was on your way.." the woman answered.

I hung up and looked at the paper then turned it over. An address was written there and I assumed it was hers.

"Oh he on his way, alright ..."

***

I was speeding to this address that was written on that paper. It was on the more upper class side of Harlem, but I didn't let that scare me.

I didn't know what to expect when I arrived, but I was ready to deck any and everybody.

I saw Pac's hummer parked outside a brownstone and I almost lost it.

Trust your man.
He ain't stupid.
He.is.not.stupid.

My heart screamed, but my mind's vivid imagination said something totally different.

I sat in my car ready for the worst but before I could get out, the front door opened and Pac stepped out.

I ducked in my seat, but not too much for me not to be able to see what was going on.

He adjusted his clothes and he stood talking to the person that was yet to come out the doorway.

"Come on, bitch. Come on out..." I spoke through gritted teeth.

He reached for a hug and that's when I finally saw her.

So it was that short hoe. Jada Pinkett.

I sat up, no longer caring if I could be seen or not. I was ready to whoop some ass.

They passionately hugged and she kissed him, throwing me all the way off guard. Pac looked around.

I grabbed my phone and began to dial Left...
I knew she couldn't pick up..... it- it just made me feel a lot better.

Tears started to run down my face as I watched my so-called man hop into his car and bone out.

I phoned Aaliyah.

"Monika? Long time no speak." She picked up.

"You can say that again..." I sighed.

"What's the matter? You sound like you been cryin... you aiight?" She asked.

I bit down on my lip and fought back more tears.

"It's Tupac ain't it? he two-timing you?"

"He just changed so much, Liyah... so fuckin much and I'm trying so hard... I can't-" my voice began to crack.

"Jada is something else..." Aaliyah laughed.

"Wh- wait a minute... I never mentioned her name.." I dried my eyes.

"Huh? What you talkin about? Yes you did." She stammered.

"Liyah, I ain't got Alzheimer's... I never said that girl name. How in the hell did you know that-"

"Monika let's be all the way real. Okay?" She began.

"Let's be.." I smugly responded.

"I told you... thin, wins. Small got it all. You didn't really think Pac was gonna stay up in ya grill, did you? I know you see his face all over these billboards, TV screens, and magazines... you must've been a damn fool to think that cat was gonna remain faithful. Especially to you. All these other women throwing themselves at him and they're gorgeous. Yeah you're his little girlfriend for now, but as long as he's this new Tupac Shakur... he belongs to everyone."

I started to grind my teeth.

"I could give a flying fuck about your opinion, Aaliyah. You been shading me since you met me and I'm starting to think the only reason you hung around was because I was Left's ace boon."

There was a silence.

"Well Lisa ain't here no more, is she? When she left, so did I. I ain't your damn friend, girl. You come around and steal my best friend AND my ex boyfriend from me and you just think you the cat's meow-"

"You swore you were over Pac! Why you goin postal?!?" I barked.

"Ain't nobody worried about his ass. But see, that's karma, girl. You lost Lisa, now you bout to lose Pac... to my cousin, Jada. I told you you wasn't his type." I could feel her smiling.

"And you just had to assist him with finding his type by hooking him up with your cousin?"

"Actually, she been crushing on him since A Different World. She knew about you and ain't wanna cross no lines but after she found out he was fuckin plenty of hoochies behind your back, she shot her shot."

"Where are you?" I no longer wanted to talk. I was seeing red.

"Oh, please. Save it for your man. Put that energy into exercising and maybe yo ass awwouldn't have time to be so depressed. I loved Lisa but thank God she ain't here to fight your battles anymore. It's time to grow up and handle ya problems on ya own, big mama. They only just beginning. Do me a favor and don't call me no more. We ain't got shit to conversate about." She hissed.

"Conversate ain't a word you dumb broad, and you can bet your bottom penny that I won't be contacting you ever again but guess what else you can bet on...Me beating your ass the next time I see you. You better stay the fuck out of my way and tell your cousin the same thing, because it ain't about Pac no more. It's about my respect."

***