Chapter One

During the new year most families would spend their time together remembering the old and opening their arms to the new. Drinking warm tea and sipping on scolding soup to keep warm while outside the wind howled louder than a lion in the Savanna. That was a comfortable life that these students didn't get to experience. The wind instantly knocked the breath out of them until a washed out red brick building blocked the harsh wind. It wasn't pleasant but for most it was normal.The institution that has rested in the same spot for decades was their home. It wasn't always like this though. In 1993 police were called to shut down the Catholic boarding school for indecency to children and abuse. It was a scandal that rocked the community, but was quickly pushed aside for the next news articles. Today however the students attend a newly opened boarding school to learn about the arts. The all girl's institution held students who's ages range from 15-19. They were few but the positive attitude was bigger than any competing school. Laughter could be heard in the halls and there was no shortage of creativity. All the girls choose to stand the horrible cold weather in Germany's winter months to appreciate the arts from professionals who were much admired in their community.

With the children clearing out of Miss. Rose's classroom she carefully sat down in her chair to stare at the empty room, almost instantly her mind went blank and her eyes stared at simply nothing at all. Dust floated in the air from the suns rays before hiding again from the dark clouds. The floor creaked but Miss. Rose stared forward not realizing someone had entered the room.

"I assume your class behaved Ava?"

Slowly turning her head to the voice Miss Rose smiled slowly at the headmistress, "As they always do."

Her quite response made the older woman smile tightly and clasp her hands together, "If there is anything we can do you for you please don't hesitate Miss. Rose." With that her short heels clicked out of the room leaving Ava all alone once again before the older students came in and sat down talking amongst one another. Brightly they greeted the teacher and Miss Rose got out of her chair and grabbed her book. This class was her favorite one since it was filled with girl's who wanted to focus mainly on writing careers. "Can somebody tell me how in the world we are supposed to get creative and let our words flow onto the paper if we are not inspired hmm?" Looking around the room she smiled sweetly and held the book in the air, "Have you ever read the words of another writer and instantly had a desire to write something of your own?" The children nodded and Miss. Rose walked forward placing her hand on a students shoulder. The student breathed in nervously letting her palms sweat and her heart beat faster. "Have you ever felt that way Abigail?"

"Of course Miss. Rose." She paused and looked up at the piercing grey eyes staring back at her before looking down once again, "All the time." Waiting for a sweet response Abigail jumped hearing the book slam on her desk,

"Quotes of other writers can sometimes stop us in our tracks and make us think so deeply about a matter that we end up forgetting what time it is! Words are one of the most powerful things in this world!" Throwing off her heels Miss. Rose ran to the back of the room and jumped onto a chair reaching onto a shelf. The class of girls couldn't help but look at the older woman up and down some in amazement and some in downright admiration. "I have my favorite quote of all time in this book." She slowly got off the chair and sat down never taking her eyes off of the book held in her hand.

"What novel is it Miss?" Abigail asked with a crack in her voice. It didn't matter how long she had walked into this classroom. Her teacher always had a spell like effect on her.

"Well, I can't tell. You will have one week to pick out one of your own favorite quotes. You are to present it to the class Friday with your own personal interpretation of it. I will share my'n then." Looking up from the book Miss Rose scratched her head and leaned backwards, "I don't really have anything else for class today..."