Chapter Twenty Four

Rummaging through her room Heidi threw the clothes onto the floor trying to find anything that could help. She had already destroyed Ava's room but all she could find was a single girl scout cookie with a bite taken out of it. She was probably threatening her, showing her that she knew about them spending time together, but that didn't bother Heidi, instead she grew angrier and became even more determined. 

Standing up and catching her breath Heidi closed her eyes to think. She could hear the Headmistress on the phone in the other room, but there was no need to listen in. There was nothing else they knew that could help. Whatever she did she was always a step behind her. 

Kicking her suitcase aggressively she cursed under her breathe. There was no way of knowing if Harper was safe or what Ava had planned for her. She was obsessive and people like her are known to take drastic measures if what they want isn't obtainable. 

Taking out her phone she texted Mrs. Hue to send her pictures of Ava's room. Maybe there was something that could give them one ounce of a clue.

"Everything is going to be ok."

Shaking her head Heidi scoffed, "How did we not know about this Headmistress?"

"Call me Patty."

She looked up at her boss with shiny eyes, "We have nothing to help us."

Walking over she nodded, "Not yet, But I just talked to the authorities and they are going to do everything they can to help us."

"How did this get past you?"

Sighing the freckled woman sat down on the edge of the bed. "There was never any proof." Situating the ring on her hand she continued, "All the students loved her which is a very uncommon sign for a teacher that is becoming 'Predatory'. You have to understand we did what we could in the situations that were given to us."

"You mean you took the money that was given to you." Heidi spat out.

Getting up and standing in front of the petite woman Patty crossed her arms, "I understand your concern but must I remind you that you are a teaching ASSISTANT, nothing more."

Squaring up to her boss Heidi smiled, "Well after this shit is over you don't have to consider me that."

"What are you talking about?" 

"I put in my two weeks notice." Heidi whispered walking out of the room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rubbing her face on the soft pillow Harper blinked slowly trying to adjust to the bright light that shined above her. Stretching her legs and letting out a long yawn she tried bringing her hand to her face but was rejected by a handcuff that kept her arm stationed close to the beds frame. Sitting up with urgency Harper tried remembering what had happened and where she was.

There was a bright light but it was only from the night stands tiny lightbulb, the rest of the room was only illuminated by the street lights that flickered raindrops on the windowsill.

Letting her other hand feel around on the bed she was disappointed to not find a key to her restraints.

Remembering Miss. Rose driving them in a small car Harper gulped dry air down her throat. The room was bare from what she could make out. A small desk sat on the other side with a robe hanging over and a small bookcase with titles she did not recognize. Swinging her feet around so that they hung over the bed she noticed her lack of clothing, only a large T-shirt hung over her shoulders and lacy underwear that matched.

Opening the bedside tables single drawer she was disappointed to see nothing but a single pen. She could call out but that could mean seeing Ava.
She didn't know if that was a good thing or not.
What was going on? One minute she was leaving the hotel dressed in her nice clothes to meet with important people then the next she's waking up in a strange room.

The way her stomach rolled with every movement and how her face flushed with a ghost like filter felt familiar however, much like her condition from being drugged. Cracking her knuckles on her knee nervously Harper looked at the door. She had heard a creek but was too frightened to let words flow out of her mouth.

Swinging the door open slowly Miss. Rose was greeted with pale blue eyes staring back at her. "I thought I heard you." Smiling she walked over with a glass. "I brought you tea."

Setting the beverage down Ava leaned on the small wooden table to get a good look at the young girl. Her eyes stayed wide open as her mind worked in over drive to figure out what was going on. "Are you hungry?"

Ignoring the question Harper responded with a weak voice that cracked, "Where are we?"

Biting her lip Ava listened to the rain outside fall down harder, "We are safe."

"What are you talking about?"

Walking over to the bare desk Miss. Rose took her jewelry off sluggishly.

"Why am I handcuffed?"

Setting the expensive pieces in a straight line she stayed quite.

"Miss. Rose..." Harper whispered feeling her throat tighten from the tears she held back, "please."

Finally turning towards her the raven haired woman let her eyes glow as she grinned, "I just didn't want you to be afraid. We are in a new place and I know it'll take a while to adjust."

Shaking her head Harper looked at her wrist that became red and irritated from the handcuff.

"They found out about our relationship." Ava stated taking her shirt off.

Trying to avoid watching Harper sighed loudly, "I didn't say anything about us I swear."

Quickly coming to comfort the girl Ava wrapped her arms around her and held her close, "I know you didn't sweetie, but it wasn't safe." Pulling away and holding Harpers face steady she smiled, "We ran so we could be together Darling."

Not being completely sold on what her teacher said Harper moved her face away, "You risked your job to be with me?"

"I risked it all."

"Then why am I handcuffed?"

Taking a key from her pocket Miss. Rose unlocked the cold metal and moved it away softly, "I just wanted to make sure you were safe."

Getting up and running to the window Harper squinted her eyes trying to find something familiar,but all she saw was a rainy road and darkness. Feeling arms wrap around her she stood frozen letting tears run down her face. The older woman shushed her softly as she turned and embraced her. Whimpers fell out of her mouth as she tried putting all the pieces together. She could hear the smooth French accent whispering words but she couldn't make them out. She held her as tight as she could because suddenly this woman was all she had.

Moving hair behind her ear Ava brought her gaze up and smiled sympathetically. "I know it's hard sweetie, but I'm here. I'll protect you."

"Protect me from what?" She whimpered.

"From the people that will try to take you away from me!" Shaking her head Ava sighed, "Harper I love you, and they will do everything they can to make sure we can't have our happy ending, but I won't let that happen I promise."

Nodding Harper laid her head back on her chest. She didn't understand. Nothing made sense. "Do we have any food?"

She smiled, "how about you go clean up in the bathroom and I'll fix us something." Pointing to where she needed to go Ava watched her walk away. That ass she had shook with every step. Taking off her pants and laying them neatly on the desk she took the robe from the chair and pulled it over her thin shoulders. It felt good to have silk on her skin once again. Stepping forward she looked out the window to see the street lamp flicker a few times before going dark.

"Miss. Rose?"

Turning around Ava clasped her hands together and waited for the young girl to speak. She stood nervously tippy toeing on the cold wood floor trying to figure out what she was going to say.

"Can you tell me where we are?"

Tilting her head she walked forward and took the girls cold hands, "We are home."

*unedited*