Chapter Twenty Nine

It was nerve wrecking to be in a room bigger than her house but the brunette girl sat silently adjusting the ring on her wedding finger. She couldn't figure out if it was the smell of sweat or jerky that made the mans office smell so repulsive, but not even the perfume on her wrist could cover the stench. It was dark and depressing like a mafia's hangout, but was decorated with old baseballs and posters like a teenage boys room. It was probably the lighting that gave off such a dark tone.

Flipping through the last pages the bald man wiped away sweat and straightened his name plack that said in gold Timothy Rutherford, "It's an interesting idea Mrs. Teller, but I don't know if this is something the company would want to put a name on."

"It's not just an idea." Fiona said getting her copy out quickly. "This is a true story!" She flipped through urgently trying to prove her point. She had worked on this too long to have it pushed aside in a minutes time.

"This really happened?" He asked leaning forward with interest.

She nodded, watching his eyebrows peak. She wanted to say more, but she figured letting him think it through was the best option.

"You went to an all girls school in Germany where your teacher manipulated and had sexual affairs with her students." He paused, "She became obsessed with one and then kidnapped her?"

Fiona tried to think of what to add, "Yes."

"Was she ever arrested?"

"No one has heard from her since." She replied chewing her glum slower, "I tried to find her but I couldn't." The heater kicked on finally making a slight buzzing sound in the silent office.

"This changes things." Timothy muttered situating his belly, nothing like this had ever crossed his desk. "Tell me more."

"I started writing about Ava Rose when I started attending the school, I thought she was amazing like everyone else did. Unlike everyone else though I wasn't someone she felt like going after. My best friend at the time was the center of her attention for a while until Harper showed up. I had already noticed odd manners about her so I decided to keep writing. I sat in the back watching everything." Fiona moved her purse to the floor, "The crazy thing is that Harper was the smart one all along. She played the entire situation better than any con artist. Ava was outdone by this 18 year old."

"What happened to her?"

"Went to Hollywood to make movies. With the pretty blonde following her lead and a fortune to fall back on." She smiled. "Have you ever played poker Mr. Rutherford?"

He nodded while twirling his thumb.

"Ava rose was a four of a kind. Laid down her cards like she won the game. Then at the last minute Harper showed her Royal Flush. She played everyone like a card game."

"Do you show examples of this in the book?"

"Of course I do." Fiona laughed opening her binder. "You'll have to read it again with a different attitude."

Tapping his fingers on his desk Timothy bit his lips. "Go find Harper. And get permission to use her story and her name. Bring back a contract and possibly more of an update and you got yourself a publishing contract. Can you do that?"

She agreed confidently. "Yes I can."

Feeling accomplishment fill her chest she grabbed her things and swiftly made her way to the door.  Before she turned the gold doorknob the short man got up and walked over. "Find Ava Rose and get her to meet Harper again and I'll get you a film contract." He straightened his tie, "let's encourage another storm to form shall we?"

Feeling a devilish smile creep up on her face Fiona agreed.  "I'll do my best." She loved a good storm.

THE END ?

*Unedited*

Thank you so much for being apart of this journey! I have fallen in love with creating this story and I am looking forward to making it better! Make sure to follow for more stories and work being updated weekly.

This story will be undergoing editing and have a lot of details and writing added so keep a look out!

My new stories include

Unforgettable
And
Patience is a virtue

See you soon
-XM