Chapter Seventeen

Ava Rose cut the brightly colored vegetables slowly, when she looked up a smile appeared against her will and refused to go away. Sitting on the bar stool across from her Harper watched the woman prepare the meal. Ava could tell the girl was nervous from the way her body wouldn't stay still. Her feet would tap for a while then she would twirl her fingers and try to make small talk. It was the funniest thing to watch. When Ava met the girls eyes it felt like fire built up in her body, everything else went black except for her beautiful blue eyes staring back. Why did it have to be this way? She had never felt this like this, but at the same time she didn't want to. She had a good thing going and suddenly it changed.

Stirring the boiling noodles Ava turned back around when Harper cleared her throat, obviously trying to say something. "Is this wrong?"

Not understanding the question she shot back a questionable look.

"We kissed yesterday and now you are making me dinner." Harper elaborated looking down at her unpainted nails. "Don't get me wrong I-" pausing She fuller seeing her teacher walk over slowly.

"Shhh dear, you are over thinking it."

"I am?"

Nodding Ava smiled pushing a strand of Harpers hair behind her ear, "Did you not like it?"

"Of course I liked it!" She stated clearly agitated. "I've just..." silence filled the room again before she continued, "I've never done anything like this before."

Ava grinned while she worked , "Arn't I lucky." Giving a playful wink she sat the plate in front of Harper with her silverware and drink. "Mind if I have wine?"

Shaking her head Harper stared at the plate of food with a twinkle in her eye waiting patiently.

"You have been here for a good while now and yet I know very little about you."

Deciding she would put her manners aside for a moment Harper chewed on some bread and shrugged, "More than most people know."

"Why is that?"

"Nobody asks."

Ava stared at her for a few seconds thoughts running through her mind before getting her fork. "Well unlike everybody else, I WANT to know."

"Why?"  Harper asked shoving food into her mouth.

Covering her mouth Ava laughed slightly, "let me help you darling." Standing up and getting behind her she took Harpers hair and ran her fingers through making the girl jump slightly. She pulled a hair band from her wrist and tied the girls dark brown hair up so it wouldn't get dirty. After she was done Ava stood a moment longer letting her fingers linger on her shoulders, "do you know how I feel about you Harper?" Stepping closer Miss. Rose kissed the girls neck softly making a red lip mark stain her skin. Becoming tense Harper closed her eyes and shook her head. "I would give my life for you."

Harpers heart beat quickly as her eyes furrowed, "You just said that you know little about me." She swallowed the knot in her throat, "yet you would die for me?" Harper finally looked up and locked eyes with the taller woman.

Nodding she placed her hand peacefully on her cheek, "I know you have feelings you don't know what to do with, but I'll teach you."

Harper stepped to reach for her drink when strong hands grabbed her wrist. Ava pulled her toward her making their faces almost touch. "I need you."

Stumbling on her own words Harper didn't know what to do. She used to think she was a strong woman, yet she felt so small now, "I can't give you anything Miss. Rose."

Her eyes looked as if they turned green for a split second before going back to their foggy blue, "you can give me more than you think dear, and I can give you the world."