Chapter Three

Even though outside the raging storm threw a wild tantrum the classrooms filled up with students Monday morning. Coats and scarfs were tossed on the floor before the young adults settled down in their seats. Miss. Rose sat quietly at her desk watching as she sipped her coffee. Storms like the one outside wasn't a disadvantage for her. She much rather it be like this outside so she could stay inside with bounds of paper and pencils, no obligations except to do what she loves.

Harper walked in last, but without a jacket or even something of warmth. She simply came only wearing ripped jeans, old shoes, and a baggy shirt that matched her red baseball cap.

"Miss. Moore... are you aware it is almost below zero degrees outside?"

Harper looked up with rosy cheeks and smiled brightly, "yes its very different than any storm back from where i'm from."

Miss. Rose nodded to herself and got out of her chair slowly, "Well like the storm outside, I would like to mention this class you are taking is not an easy A to help get by. We don't take our passion lightly."

Harper leaned back slightly waiting for her new teacher to continue.

"This is a classroom full of bright students that WILL be the next best selling authors. Are you planning to be a one of the greatest authors Miss. Moore?"

Scratching her head and positioning her hat back Harper grinned and looked around the room at the young girls who seemed to hang on to every single word the older women told them, "No Miss Rose I don't plan on being one of the greatest authors...I just plan on being the greatest."

The Raven teacher didn't change her expression as she walked forward. "What makes you think you are going to be the greatest?"

Harper didn't seem intimidated but looked at her directly in her dark blue eyes, "Because if you're the storm i'll be the girl dancing in the rain."

Miss. Rose felt her body loosen and she smiled slightly but quickly covered it up by turning and walking back to her desk. "Well let's get on with class then."

Harper watched the other girls try to be the first to raise their hand to answer the questions their teacher had. It seemed to be like they were racing for approval, whoever could get her attention first. They seemed to crave her acceptance and Harper wasn't sure if Miss. Rose was feeding off of that. She wasn't a bad looking woman at all. Her hair was down in black curls today and she could smell how sweet she was from her desk in the middle. She was a tall just all around very beautiful woman, but Harper was actually reluctant to even talk. There was something intimidating about her, which is why most of the girls in the room probably idolized her more than role model. Maybe she has slept with a student before, maybe she's manipulative, a witch, or maybe she is just an all around awesome person. Who knows.

After the bell rung Harper moved quickly to leave but was suddenly sent backwards into a desk. realizing what happened she looked to see Miss. Rose smirk as she let go of her backpack. "Come here Miss. Moore."

Situating herself she followed her teacher to the back of the class. "I have some books about screenwriting and scripts that I think you'll find interesting." handing them to the shorter girl she smiled, "I know you are majoring in Filming and Photography, and I think you'll really enjoy the class." Miss. Rose looked at her up and down, "If you ever have any questions I live right next to you, so don't be afraid to ask."

Harper was set back but thanked her anyways. This didn't even seem like the same person who was in front of the classroom a few minutes ago, "Well maybe I can actually come by, because well, as you can see by my clothing I don't have much knowledge of this area or school or pretty much anything here." Both girls starred at each others eyes. Shit, Harper thought. Her brain said look away but her heart was flaming and it wasn't because she had a bad burrito for breakfast.

"I think that can be arranged. come by anytime after 7."

The girl nodded slightly and started walking out.

"Harper?"

Turning around she was surprised at hearing her first name out of the teachers mouth.

"Take my coat...please?" before Harper could disagree Miss. Rose put it over her body and zipped it up. "I know your next class is far away..Just don't get to busy dancing in the rain that you get frost bite."

She walked back to her desk picking up her pen, "Have a good day Miss. Moore."

Getting out of the classroom Harper took a deep breath and started for the door. The girls that were just in her class followed behind her laughing, "Where'd you get that jacket?" a girl asked with some attitude in her voice.

"It's Miss. Roses's jacket. She's letting me borrow it." Harper replied still walking.

"Well when you're done with it, you can give it to me...I wouldn't want some American to ruin her beautiful coat." Abigail harshly replied.

Without even skipping a beat Harper rolled her eyes, "If I get any Big Mac sauce on it i'll pay for the dry cleaning love."

The girls were growing tired of walking behind her and said some things too quite for Harper to hear so she kept walking the same speed taking advantage of the warmth it provided and disappeared around the corner. That was weird.

*unedited*