(V1) Chapter 4 - The Family Visit

It had been a long time since Henry had a personal visit to the Aftons; he mostly just went in and out the shed, through the side gate, continuing to build something William did not know nor care about. He also didn't see him at the pizzeria very often anymore, which saddened him. William bumped into him now and then, but nothing exciting happened. They would exchange greetings and be off.
"For experimenting at my house," Henry would say, when William asked where he was.
Other than that, William enjoyed himself, from going to work to playing with Elizabeth in his free time. And as time continued, his business grew.
Eventually a new location was built (with the animatronics Henry showed before), and William supported it greatly: Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A new television series were made about them, too. As expected, he always found Elizabeth in the living room watching every episode. It would always make him warm with happiness
Even more months later, in early 1983, William and Henry eventually drifted away from each other, having to focus on other important tasks than friendly bonding.
William had to keep working on bills and paperwork for both restaurants, while Henry continued to keep to himself, making animatronics.
On rare occasions, Henry brought his two sons over to William's house when he was working overtime. The tall teenager had scraggly brown hair and looked like a prankster, while the small kid, Elizabeth's age, was shy and got scared easily, also acquiring his father's brown hair. The small child, named Sammy, experienced weird things before at the pizzeria, but took almost no care to it. William always thought he looked so much like Henry. The big kid, Michael, usually left the family secretly and went along the streets with his gang of friends, which seemed to be wherever he was.
"You like 'Fredbear and Friends,' too?" Elizabeth asked one day to Sammy, who held a Fredbear plush. They were watching the latest episode while sitting on the couch at the Afton's.
Michael, meanwhile, was in the backyard with William, who was discussing with him about his terrible behavior with Sammy.
"Y-yeah, it's funny . . . I g-guess . . . ." Sammy sighed. He was already teased by his brother earlier that day, who threatened him, almost flushing his teddy down the toilet. He was still scared and a bit shaky, with red puffy eyes from crying.
Elizabeth looked from the TV to Sammy, thinking of how distract him. "Um, what's your favorite character?" she asked cheerily. "Mine is Chica, she's so funny . . . and that cupcake, too!"
Sammy hugged his plushie tighter, his expression still blank. "I like F-Fredbear most." Elizabeth inwardly sighed.
A loud groan came from the backyard, interrupting their conversation. As the backdoor creaked open, steps followed inside with William still speaking, though it was muffled.
Both children sneaked by to the kitchen (though it was Elizabeth leading Sammy) where it led to the backyard, and peaked around the side of an empty doorway. Williams voice was clear and obviously annoyed.
". . . know better for doing something like that, if I see something like that again, I'll—"
William noticed the two pairs of watching eyes, put on a fake smile that obviously fooled them, and herded all of them to the table for a snack.

~~***••***~~

William smiled at the three children sitting on the couch. Michael fiddled with his hair, giving Sammy a glare as he cuddled with his bear, and Elizabeth stared at her feet, moving them side to side.
William cleared his throat and the children turned their attention towards him. "Mr. Henry and I have both noticed that Elizabeth's birthday is coming up—" Elizabeth gave a soft smile. "—and we want to give her a treat for turning seven.
"Now, guys, we've made a new place near the other pizzerias where there are other friends of Freddy's to meet!"
  Elizabeth gasped, gaping, and Sammy smiled. Both of them excitedly felt like this was going to be different from the other places. Michael still was mildly becoming annoyed.
William paused for a bit, amused by the two children's enthusiasm. "We will be going there for her birthday to celebrate—" He turned to Sammy and Michael— "And you two are invited. Just bring Elizabeth a present, and you'll both will have a great time!
"Off you go," he dismissed.
Elizabeth and Sammy grinned and hurriedly left to the backyard to discuss the surprise as Michael stayed on the couch with William.
William sighed, turning to him. "Please don't ruin this for my daughter, okay, Michael? Don't harass your brother until the party's over. You understand?"
Michael nodded slowly. "Um . . ." His voice was deep, but soft. "Can I watch 'The Immortal and the Restless' again, please? I won't mess with him," he promised when William raised an eyebrow.
"You like that show, huh?" he chuckled a bit, back to his good mood. "Sure, go ahead." William left the room, leaving Michael to watch his program.

~~***••***~~

William knocked the door to Henry's house and checked his watch again. Only fifteen minutes late. I'm sure he's still waiting . . .
The other kids were being babysit again by a nice next-door mother, and was told to take away Michael's TV privileges if he was mean to Sammy.
William had come to check on the final animatronic for Elizabeth's birthday party. The party would be located in the secret underground area that Henry had built into a private pizzeria. William was impressed last time he saw it. All the rooms were stable and complete, filled with decorations galore. He had also already hired a crew! Just two more weeks until the party.
The last robot was supposed to be just for Elizabeth. "She inspired me," Henry murmured once. "I like her; nice kid."
William started to get impatient. Clouds were zooming by and forming a darkness in the distant sunset. It would be sure to rain soon.
Two minutes. Three. Five.
William got tired. What's taking him so long..? he thought. He knew sometimes it was hard to stop Henry in his working, but it never lasted that long.
He opened the door; Henry always kept it unlocked.
As he stepped inside, the whole place seemed normal. He already knew the house layout, so he began searching rooms.
He might not even be here. Am I missing a note or somethin'?
William entered the last room, the "workshop", where Henry made the animatronics on occasion.
He gasped. The room was in shreds, and claw marks fell over all his blueprints on the walls and his desks. One of the windows was shattered, claw marks around its frame. The other partially built metal animatronics were left alone, clean and safe.
With relief, though, Henry was in his middle desk lying his head down as if he was taking a nap.
"Henry, wake up, your room's in shreds!" William helped.
No reply. Thunder started to bang outside. William began to tremble in fear.
"H-henry. . . .?" William moved closer, realizing there were claw marks on the desk, and that a wrench had fallen on the floor. He smelled something horrid, and then he cursed, snapping himself away from the desk as he saw red liquid under Henry. His mind saw the claw marks tracing along Henry's neck and arms.
He was dead.

~~***••***~~
End of Chapter 4

Ḭ̸̠̗͇̻̯̗̬̺̱̻̙̜̐͒̇̐ ̵̧͕̮̼̭̩̰̾͌̿͛̓̆͗̈́̓͊̕͜ġ̵̝̱̦͉͐͑͐̈́̀͋̽͑̌̂́̕r̷̤̹͕͍̤̗̹͍͚̻̋͛ͅt̶͖̘̉͑̆̏͋e̷̫̺̰̹̭̻̣̗͖̫͊̑̔́e̸͔̲̻̜͕̪̟̙͉̦̹͗̃̋̓͗͝ͅ ̴̨̝̘͓̙̤̖͙̈́̽ǐ̷̘̩̦̈́̈̾̀̆͌͛̓͑̇́̍͝n̵̫̟͕̤͎̽͒͘͜m̷̗͉̂̈́̓̏k̷̩͒́̆̆̂̇̕̕ḁ̵̧̛̞͉͍͔̠͍̪͔͑̃̍̔̆͆̀͜g̴̖͔̮̱̩͙̏ ̶̡̡̳̫̣͓̣̟͚̗͍̥͆̇͌̄͊̏̀́̚̚͜͠r̶̲̤̯̰͚̻͚̟͙̝͓̭̉̏̾̆̔͌̊̊̏̈́̄̀̿̕h̶̢̺̗̮̘͇̮̟̭̫͍̜͂͜ͅē̴̹͈̯͍̻̉̀͒͒̍̇ ̶̢̡̛̠͎̞̦̺͋̇͗́̅͊̆̊