(V1) Chapter 7 - Too Much Lost

William laid himself on his daughter and wept as he grabbed hold of her immobile hand.

     She was covered in blood stains, wearing in a hospital gown, lying in a huge bed. Her eyes were weakly closed.

     Sammy and Michael were in plastic chairs nearby.

     The only thing they heard other than William's sobs was a long high note coming from a machine next to him and Elizabeth.

     Michael had left his friends earlier, who wanted to make sure William was okay. He was laying back in his chair, staring at the ceiling, trying to sleep out the nightmares.

     Sammy looked more shaken than Michael usually made him, and his red eyes were closed, trying not to look at the dead body. His hair and clothes were ruffled. Plush Fredbear was soaked again in Sammy's tight arms. His legs were up by his chest, and he was rocking slightly. His tears kept trailing down his cheek in a constant pattern.

     Sammy kept trying to calm himself, but he couldn't get out of the nightmare either.

     I lost too much. First Daddy, then -- Sammy wiped a tear down on his chin -- I lost the only other friend I knew.

     He kept thinking until he heard a crash, which jumped Michael and him from their seats.

     William collapsed, gasping for breath as he knelt by a broken vase, pieces shattered everywhere.

     Sammy stared at the scattered dirt. Sammy knew how William felt. He took out Fredbear from out of his arms and examined it, noticing some broken seams on the sides of his body. As he touched it, he heard something hysterical that made the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end.

     William was laughing.

     He stopped as soon as it started, and kicked a piece of glass out of his way. He turned toward the children, who were staring at him, mouths open.

     He panicked and told the children, "Let's get out of here," quickly.

     Michael went out of his seat like a bolt of lightning and followed William out.

     However, Sammy walked toward the bed and put his hand on the side of it. He looked at Elizabeth, who was laying on a pillow. She was facing up and her hands were on her lap, one over the other.

     Sammy took a deep breath. "I'm sorry."

     He looked away sharply, and followed outside the door to William, who was urging him on.

~~~~~~~~~~

     Too many.

     William sat on his bed, in his bedroom alone, thinking.

     There's only one thing I can do now.

~~~~~~~~~~

     Sammy never saw his new father much. And because of that, he was bullied more by Michael than ever before.

     He always hid somewhere. He had to find him, or else it'd get worse. Every time Sammy would go by the clock or the couch, he would scare him. He always wore a Foxy mask, gotten from the prize counter from the "new" Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. He hated Foxy; it was his least favorite character.

     One day, his old neighbor died, leaving William with the task to take the two kids to Fredbear's Pizzeria, which he went to more often than usual.

     Usually, he tried to avoid the animatronics. He didn't want to get taken. He sometimes hid under the tables, too.

     Michael was always hanging with his friends, who always had chances to leave their houses.

     Until that day came.

     "Why are you hiding under there? There's a lot of gum and dirt."

     Sammy peeked his head out from under the table to see a blond hair boy about his age looking curiously at him.

     Sammy went under the table again, clutching onto his plush bear.

     "Don't worry, I won't hurt you," he heard the light voice say. "Is that your brother?"

     Sammy slowly looked out to the boy, who was looking at him to Michael, pointing.

     Sammy nodded his head slowly.

     "You must hate him; he's a jerk. He stole one of my friend's presents."

     "He hurts me a lot of the time, I-I'm used to it," Sammy murmured, "but that's n-not why I'm scared."

     "Well then what is it?"

     With a look of Sammy's frightened face, the boy quickly regretted asking. "How about you just come out? You can have some cake with us."

     Sammy went out slowly, and took more detail of the boy. He was wearing a blue jacket, had jeans, and his hair was straight. He had blue sparkling eyes. "The name's Daniel, but you can call be Dan."

     Sammy sniffed, and wiped his tired eyes as he stood up. "I have to ask Daddy first. For the c-cake, I mean."

     "Wait, is your dad the tall brown hair guy? He looks odd. I'll see you later, though."

     Sammy waved with his free hand and, still holding the stuffed bear, he walked to where he last saw his father.

~~~~~~~~~~

     Sammy shut the door quickly. He couldn't believe what he saw.

     When he entered the back room, he saw William putting Fredbear's head on top of a man who was in its body.

     He wiped his eyes, sniffed, and ran out of the bathroom area, clutching his bear as he went.