(V1) Chapter 17 - An Accident

After those last words, William pecked his lips on Sammy's forehead and kept moving his hands through his hair.

     They were in a different hospital, but the same gloomy mood was hanging in the air. William was in a seat by the hospital bed, and Michael was in a chair near the back of the room, alone this time. Michael was shaking and his skin was pale, but William looked calm and worry-free.

     Sammy, on the other hand, didn't look so great. He was pale, too, and wore a huge bandage on his head, partly bled on. The ventilator made him take slow, deep breaths and, other than the up and down of his chest, he was completely lifeless.

     Michael was extremely worried; as they had their car ride here, William did not yell or argue with him at all, which wasn't like him. They just left the building and followed the ambulance in silence.

     Michael felt deeply regretful as well. Even though he treated Sammy horribly, he was still his brother and a part of his life. Now at part felt empty.

     Apologize, he told himself. It's the best you can do.

     Michael slowly stood up and glided over to William, tears forming in his eyes.

     William took no notice whatsoever, instead he just clawed his hands faster on Sammy's head.

     Michael took a huge gulp. "D-Dad?" he asked, but he got no reply.

     "Dad." he tried again, more firmly. William stopped what he was doing and looked over to Michael.

     Michael now noticed his features more clearly. Yes, he looked calm, but he had a more insane look behind his unkept beard and hair. Plus, Michael could tell he was losing weight extremely fast.

     After a few seconds of staring at William and having a panic attack, William raised one of his eyebrows.

     "U-um," Michael stammered. "Dad, I'm . . . um . . . sorry for . . . hurting him."

     William glared at him and squinted his eyes, as if looking for explanation.

     "It was only a prank . . ." Michael murmured as he looked down.

     William smiled smugly at him, and his hoarse voice cut off Michael. "It was only a prank that killed him." He then glared at him again and turned around towards Sammy.

     "Dad," Michael continued, "look, it was an accident, okay? There, I sai--"

     William whipped back and hit Michael on the cheek with his hand so hard that Michael heard something break and he collapsed on the floor. Everything was blurry for a moment, but as soon as he regained focus, he saw blood from his nose and mouth pour to the floor.

     Michael then looked up and saw William standing and grinning insanely at him, his right hand red and bloody.

     "Oops," William said calmly while wiping the blood in his right pocket. "Sorry, that was an accident." He then gave a look that said it all and Michael went out the room to get medical help.

     Do not tell anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~

     William punched the button vigorously as the elevator doors shut. He then slowly descended as lights and metal passed by the small windows.

     A familiar voice came on and opened up a keypad, but after seeing the screen was worn out and broken, he punched it furiously, which left it glitching with letters of the alphabet.

     The doors opened smoothly as William went through the small vent in front of it while ignoring police tape, and after awhile, he entered an office and went through the vent leading to Funtime Foxy's auditorium. He then sped through after turning on his pocket flashlight. As soon as he reached the Parts and Service door, he swiped a card through a slit opening and slipped inside.

     His nose caught a whiff of something he wanted from the nearest animatronic.

     They did their job, William thought. He walked towards Funtime Freddy and saw a line of the storage tank. It had something in it. A child.

     All of them did. And his experiment seemed to be working when he noticed a sudden turn of a head in the corner of his eye. He then surveyed Baby, who was looking straight at him, and he left the room quickly.

     William thought to himself as he left.

     If I am correct, if these children can haunt the animatronics, then mine can, too. But they died inside of them. I need to know if they can do it outside of their to-be bodies.

     He whipped into the elevator again and started going up, and after leaving the shed, he saw the moon up and bright with its thousands of stars.

     If Michael is out of bed this late, I'm gonna ground him from TV for a month . . .