(V1-B) Chapter 20 - The Suit

The animatronics squeezed together as they watched the transformation of Dan into Fredbear, the puppet giving uneasy glances behind them. The animals were lucky to be spectating, especially since the only things they did were hunt night guards and entertain children.

"Are you sure, Dan?" Chica squeaked worriedly, nudging Bonnie next to her, who then nodded, suddenly out of his daze.

Dan ignored her and merged foward into Fredbear, turning into a cloud of mist.

The robots suppressed gasps as they watched the robot tremble from head to toe. Then with a rusty creak, it slowed to a stop.

"Hey!" Foxy whispered grudgingly as the puppet pushed himself forward through the crowd.

"Dan. DAN." The marionette's demand was cut off as Fredbear's right arm shakily went upwards, as if it took effort, and collapsed after a few moments.

"See?" The puppet shook his head slowly, crossing his arms in rage. "I told you it wouldn't work! There's no endoskeleton!"

"So?" Dan snapped back, his voice at a lower pitch and his jaw slightly parted. "Let's see you try it!"

"Fine!" the puppet concluded as he floated away. The others stared after him. "Have it your way! Don't come back to me when you can't go who knows where . . ." His voice fainted in the darkness.

"So?" Freddy interrupted as the focus came on Dan again. "What about the suit?"

"No big deal," Dan replied. "I'll figure it out sooner or . . . later."