(V1) Chapter 10 - The Murders

~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks ago . . .

~~~~~~~~~~

    "I am William Afton. I lost three people. I won't let that happen again."

     On Sammy's second visit with his friends, William had been out driving, murmuring to himself. He was looking for something . . . particular . . . after shopping for things. He had gotten a tad skinnier and he hasn't shaved for a while, his hair unkept. His clothes were dirty and reused.

     Ever since the deaths, something had been pushed in his mind.

     What if I could? I would have to try something. It might work.

     Then they could be saved.

~~~~~~~~~~

     The kid stared hopelessly through the window showing the stage to Fredbear's Family Diner.

     He watched the children inside, especially a small frightful child. Then he turned his attention to the reflection of himself.

     He was a pale child with black hair. He was wearing jeans and a gray shirt. His blue eyes stared hopelessly at himself.

     I can only go in if I was invited, but I wasn't.

     He stared some more at the animatronics until he heard tire screeches behind him. Right when he glanced back at a thin, messy man kneeling down next to a purple car, he felt a sharp pain through his stomach.

     He stared in silence at the man. It all happened quickly. The man looked down at his stomach, and withdrew something. As the pain continued to grow and tears started popping up, the child took notice of something shiny and red.

     The child clutched his stomach and felt something wet.

     The man smiled smugly. Smiled. How could he?

     He stood up and wiped the knife on his dirty shirt, and as he went into the car, seemingly without remorse, the child fell onto the floor, and everything went dark.

~~~~~~~~~~

     Everything looked well for William, except that he was in a sweaty, smelly suit. At least he got what he expected.

     The five children followed him easily, all chattering except for one, who was a blond boy.

     "Something never seen before!" a blond girl screeched. "Do you think it's more cupcakes??"

     "It better be something fun," chimed a redhead.

     William led them over to the bathrooms. "This way, friends!" said a muffled voice from the suit.

     The blond boy stopped suddenly. "Guys, I dunno, maybe we should go back to him? I don't think this is saf--"

     "Dan, its my birthday," chimed the tallest of them all. "It'll be okay, if anything goes wrong, it's my fault, okay?"

     "Easy for you to say," mumbled 'Dan' with a humph.

     William's yellow furry fingers searched for a latch against the end of the bathroom wall. With a click, the hidden door swung wide open into a dark, damp area.

     All the children gave 'ooh's and 'aah's as they all entered, William allowing the children to go in first.

     He then checked around the hallway, turned on a faint light in the new room, and shut the door behind him with another click.

     "So . . . where's this thing?" a black hair boy asked.

     "It's right here," he replied.

~~~~~~~~~~

     "Dan? Sarah? Haden?"

     The small child looked around, entering the bathroom area. He looked up at the camera in the hallway, and then suddenly heard screeches behind a wall at the end of the corridor.

     In a moment of panic, he rushed to the wall and hit it. "Guys??" he cried, tearing up. He then noticed a latch on the top of the wall, taller than himself. He heard another scream, along with more moans and cries.

     Sammy jumped to the latch, missing by inches. Another scream. This time, he knew it was Sarah's.

     He jumped a second time, dropping Fredbear by mistake, missing by centimeters. He heard a muffled yell of Haden.

     Finally, he jumped the third time, and barely hit it, opening the hidden door.

     He peeked into the room and whimpered loudly, but it was drowned by the sobs of Dan.

     He was kneeling in the corner, painted with blood, begging forgiveness from the oncoming Fredbear, who was bloody as well. The other friends were corpses, lying still on the ground, painted. Dan gave a heavily frightened glance at Sammy, like telling him to run for his life.

     "Come to Fredbear-r-r! I'm your favorite, yes?"

     Sammy quickly shut the door, grabbed plush Fredbear, and ran away, not knowing what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~

     William laughed at his finished work.

     He knew it would work. He was insane enough to think that, but it worked. He could feel them. He was done.

     William thought he heard someone though, right behind him. He knew someone was there.

     He could tell because the latch was undone, and he had shut it before on purpose.

     How he would clean up his work, he didn't know.

     But what he did know was that no other worker knew about this room. At least for now.