(V2) Prologue

The doorbell rang; a deep, harmonious ring echoed through the tiny house, catching a man, sitting near the kitchen table, by surprise. The man gave a little sigh, placing his pencil on top of a pile of paperwork.
The papers were scattered across the whole table, some looking like blueprints, some just filled with numbers and names. A fan slowly blew in the corner.

     The man's chair gave a small creak as he slid out, brushing his dusty jeans as he walked though a couple of hallways

The man's chair gave a small creak as he slid out, brushing his dusty jeans as he walked though a couple of hallways. The walls were a beautifully patterned orange, with a dark gray long wainscoting. The soft blue carpet below the man's feet was silent. On the walls hung randomly placed frames with photos inside, most of them making out a small family of three children and two parents. One of the parents, though, was only seen once or twice. Side tables and lamps covered most of the sides of the wall.
At the front door, which was white with a yellow shiny handle, the man quickly brushed down his untidy brown hair and fixed his pale yellow shirt. He took a look through the door hole, unlocking the knob as he noticed a familiar face.
It swung open to reveal a tall, simple-looking man with dark brown hair, wearing a simple green shirt and jeans. He was bouncing, just enough to be noticeable, and he smiled warmly to the man. The sun, barely up, poured a lowly-lit warm light against him.
"Henry?" The greeter was somewhat confused at the guest's sudden arrival. His voice was smooth. "What brings you here in early?" He opened up the door completely, allowing Henry to enter and they both went to the kitchen table once more out of habit.
"Will, I just got great news." Though attempting to be serious, he obviously couldn't hold back his excitement. They both sat down, Henry giving the man a white envelope, already clumsily opened and winkled. William held his breath. Is this...?
He opened the envelope carefully, and unfolded the set of papers that were lying inside. As he read, his smile slowly started to grow.
"We have it, William," Henry added.
William jumped from his chair, and Henry stood up after him.
"This is great, Henry!" His fingers combed through his ruffled hair. "We have it! The restaurant! We're gonna be rich!"
Henry gave a small chuckle.
William looked over to the clock on the oven stove: 5:38 AM. He gently placed the page back inside the envelope.
"I'll have to show this to the kids when they wake up," William noted. "They're going to love it! Have you told yours?"
"Same as you," Henry replied, taking the envelope back, folding and tucking it in his pocket. "There's a construction crew bound to arrive by next week."
"Next week? That's oddly fast."
Henry nodded, looking through the paperwork William displayed out on the table.
He picked up one of the papers, listed with many names, all expressing the same thing. He pointed to one in particular. It read "Fredbear's Family Diner".
William nodded slowly, understanding. That was the restaurant's name.
It was theirs now.

His now.

~•=><=•~