(V1-R) Chapter 22 - Two Sides Meet

It was about three hours after the pizzeria closed, approximately 11:40 PM. The animatronics were staring at the location where children once were. A few lights flickered on and off, making little to no noise. All was silent and still . . .

     . . . except for a white figure bobbing around the dining area, waiting for the arrival of someone familiar. His once gray tears were faint and unnoticeable, and a feeling of anxiety kept him moving.

     Then a rhythm of tinks calmed him down again, and a tall slender figure floated from the Parts and Service room. The creature slowed down near the ghost, and watched it with white gleaming eyes and a huge smile.

     "What did you call me for?" the puppet asked. His voice was light, though it contained a serious tone.

     "Something everyone has to see." the spirit replied.

     "Are you sure, Dan?"

     "Of course I'm sure!" Dan rolled his eyes, then relaxed a bit. "Yes, I'm sure they would like to."

     With a jolt, Bonnie, who was closest to them, moved from his pose and looked to Dan.

     "What is it you want to show us?" he asked.

     One by one, each animatronic looked toward the pair and waited for an answer.

     "Follow me," the spirit said glumly.

~~~~~~~~~~

      His ears roared, but it all grew silent quickly. He felt himself being pulled by something everlasting.

     Death.

     No, Michael knew that after all of his time not trying, it wouldn't be good to completely rest. A strong feeling glowed inside as he was being brought closer and closer to the brink of nothingness.

     Revenge.

     Of course he would do what he was asked to. He knew it had something to do with Sammy, but it all felt clouded with the thirst for revenge grabbing hold of himself.

     There was no way out of the darkness, though. Until he saw something open up. The suit. He was put in a suit. Of course.

     Then he stopped himself from the pulling, racing towards the only perfect option. Everything grew blank, and he felt chilled to the bone. Only one thing was kept in his head as he went back to reality.

     The suit.

     Then it all stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~

     Dan noticed someone had lazily brought the suit into the night guard's room, unaware that someone might have seen it if it wasn't for the weekend.

     The other robots had clumsily crowded the room and the hallway doors just to see, as they stood in horror of what they saw.

     Fredbear's suit was glowing under the only lightbulb that hung from the ceiling. Blood that was still wet was seeped from the mouth and eyes. It was dark inside of the animal, obviously containing a body.

     After several minutes of gawking, Freddy broke the silence.

     "Do any of you know who's in there?"

     "We'll have to wait and see, Charlie," the marionette replied. "I'm not sure if that someone's spirit will grab hold of the body."

     "Are you sure it isn't Sammy, Dan?" Chica piped.

     "I'm sure!" snapped Dan. "It's --"

      Dan stared back at Fredbear. Two white pupils for eyes glowered from the suit and glanced at each animatronic, including the spirit.

     "Michael . . ."

     "Michael?!" Bonnie yelled. He quickly shut his mouth, realizing he shouldn't have been so loud. Then he felt uneasy.

     Michael moved his body a bit before it collapsed back into a sitting position. Then his mouth jangled downward slightly, showing more blood inside.

     "I'm sorry," Michael croaked. It was his voice, but just a bit lower and sort of distant.

     Silence. "Dad killed me, too." he continued. "I'm one of you, now, though I can't move." He willed his body to move both arms up, but they gave up after a couple of inches.

     "Why can't you move?" Chica pondered.

     "I put endoskeletons in all of your suit," the puppet replied, looking at all of them in turn. "Well, every one except Michael's, since his was a wearable suit. And without his endoskeleton, I can't help him. Even one of your guys' won't work; it's not the right type."

     The quartet stared at him in disgust.

     "It's not like I stuffed it in all of your bodies!" the puppet groaned.

     The silence raised again for a few moments.

     "We accept your apology," Foxy said. "You're pretty calm for someone just killed."

     "Haden!" Bonnie growled at Foxy, who was behind him, and turned to face him. "This guy was a jerk to us! To me!"

     "He isn't anymore!" Foxy said angrily.

     Bonnie made a horrible sound, a high pitched scream, jerking Foxy awake. Bonnie pushed Foxy through the left hallway, and he trampled backwards, almost falling down.

     Freddy gave a screech similar to Bonnie's and grabbed hold of his torso. "Stop it, Haden! He's on our side now!"

     "It's just lies! He was mean to Sammy!" Charlie felt grieved, and Bonnie slipped from his grasp. Bonnie advanced on Foxy, who was trembling and inching backwards.

     "He'll just work for Afto--!"

     The bunny froze for a few seconds, then lurched foward, missing Foxy by inches. He hit the ground with a large bang.

     The marionette floated behind him, glaring at the bunny with glinting eyes.

     Then he turned toward Michael while ignoring Freddy, who was standing fearfully near him. Chica was right next to Michael, confused.

     "We're joining up together, so deal with it, okay?"

     Michael gave a weak nod, resting the matter.

============================
End of Red Route
(and old Book One)