Chapter 14

A/N: Trigger warning towards the middle: self harm.

(Y/N) P.O.V (before date, now 5:45)

I've been trying to figure out what to wear for the past 45 minutes. Alex said to dress casual. I've been searching through my bags and have no idea what to wear. I didn't really pack "date" clothes, mostly just normal clothes. Maybe I could ask one of the guys?

I walk into the lounge and only see Tony on the couch. Worth a shot right?

"Hey Turtle, could you maybe help me find an outfit for my date tonight?" I ask.

"Sure," he says simply walking back to the bunks with me.

After digging through my pile of clothes, Tony finds an outfit for me. I thank him as he walks back to the lounge. I don't take the time to look at it, but just rush into the small bathroom to change. After quickly changing I look in the full length mirror on the door. A black pair of ripped skinny jeans, black tank top, and a black and teal, light flannel. Not bad Tony...

I put on some eyeliner and mascara. Pulling out my curling iron, I curl the ends of my hair a bit. Perfect!

I decide to wear some black Vans instead of my Converse. I slide on a few wristbands and a guitar pick necklace. I think I'm ready for the date with Alex now.

I walk into the lounge and the guys are back and watching tv. Vic is the first to look up.

"And where are you going missy?" Vic questions,acting like an overprotective father.

"I'm going on a date with Alex. He should be here any minute," I blush sitting down next to Jaime.

"I totally ship it! Alex and (y/n) has a nice ring to it!" Jaime laughs, sounding like a total girl.

"Shut up!" I yell smacking his shoulder.

"Children if you can't play nice, don't play at all," Mike says trying to stay serious, but miserably failing.

As I was about to speak, there's a knock on the door. I get up to open it and see Alex standing in front of it. He's wearing a pair of dark jeans, a gray v-neck shirt, black sweater and a beanie. Wow he looks hot.

"Hey (y/n), ready to go he asks reaching for my hand.

"Yeah,let's go," I blush grabbing his hand.

I go to close the door but it doesn't close. We both look up to see Vic with his foot in the door.

"Have her back at 11 kay?" Vic says to Alex.

"Sure thing Vic," Alex nods.

Vic then closes the door and we walk out of the venue.

Alex P.O.V

It's a comfortable silence as we all to the park I was planning to take her to.

"You look beautiful (y/n)" I say, breaking the silence.

I can see her blush under the street lights.

" thanks, you look pretty nice yourself." She compliments back.

We get to the park a few minutes later. Maybe I should surprise her. I carefully place my hands over her eyes and leading her up the small hill.

"Alex where are we going?" Laughs as we get to the top of the hill. Wow the view of the city lights are beautiful!

"Okay we're here now!" I remove my hands from her eyes.

She gasps, covering all but her eyes with her hands.

"Oh my god it's so beautiful up here! The lights are incredible!"

"Yeah it's great," I sigh taking in the view.

We both sit on the lush grass watching all the lights move in unplanned patterns. I couldn't imagine being up here with anyone else.

"So tell me something that you've never told someone before?" I ask her breaking the silence.

"Umm okay..." She hesitates, the smile fading from her face.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to," I reassure her, gently touching her arm.

"You'll probably find out sooner or later, might as well tell you...or show you," she sighs.

One by one she takes of her bracelets to reveal her wrist covered in scars. How could such a beautiful girl do this to herself? Small tears form in her eyes as she looks up at me. I don't say anything, giving her time to explain.

"When I was in high school, people would make fun of me a lot cause of the music and how I dressed. They would say things and tell me that I should kill myself. Even my parents thought I was worthless. After awhile I started believing them. I tried to kill myself twice," she explains, with tears now falling down her face.

I pull her close and wrap my arms around her, rocking us lightly back and forth. I can't believe people would drive her to do that! Even her own fucking parents!

"I don't see any new ones, when did you stop?" I ask her softly.

"About three years ago when I started listening to your band. Your music helped me through everything from high school until now. Your guy's music saved me," she smiles softly at me.

"Thank you for telling me. It must have been hard to open up about it. I'm glad my music saved you, or else I wouldn't have got to me an amazing and beautiful girl like you." I smile wiping her tears from her cheeks. I really want to kiss her...

"You really mean all that?" She asks looking up at me.

"Yeah I do..."

I slowly lean down until our lips touch. She takes a few seconds to realize what's happening before kissing me back. It's kind of cliche to say that I felt sparks, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't. This felt right. Being with (y/n) feels perfect.