Chapter 1

Val's POV

The feeling of being "reborn", some might say, is a very weird experience. The feeling of everything go from hot to cold in a matter of seconds is so extraordinary I can't even discribe it! But the craving for blood is unreal.

I sit up from the bed and I see all the specs of dust that were flying infront of my face. It's so weird having this really amazing eyesight. I stand up and try to walk normal over to the bathroom, but I end up vamp speeding and run into the counter. This is going to take some getting used to. I think to myself. Maybe Ashton heard my thoughts? I look up into the mirror after I regain my balance. I come face-to-face with white eyes.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!" I scream! I hear people running up the stairs, really really fast I might add. I hear the door smack against the wall. People are rushing towards the bathroom. They all stand in shock at the sight of me. I see Calum, Charlotte, and Michael with tear stains down their face. I see Calum run over to me. He grabs my  face and kisses me like he hasn't kissed me in years.

"I thought you were dead." I sobbed. I hug him, a little harder than I intended to. I heard bones crush. I let go instantly.

"Oh my god! Calum I'm so sorry!" I say apologizing super fast, like my voice had vampire speed.

"It's okay. Trust me, all of us were like this when we first turned." Calum said.

"Yeah. Take it from me, I'm still new at thing. I've been a vampire for a year." Charlotte said coming out from the back of the crowd. I rush over to her and hug her so hard. She does the same to me.

"I love the fact that I can hug you at my full strength now." Charlotte laughed.

"I know. Now I don't have to be scared your gonna crush me or eat me." I laugh. We pull apart. I look at Ashton. He's still looking into my eyes. My white eyes.

"Ash, are you okay?" I ask him.

"The Council is going to flip if they find out about you!!" Ashton screamed.

"Nice to see you too Ash. Also, you might want to trim your nose hairs. It looks like a jungle up in there." I say trying to lighten up the mood.

"Val, this is no time for jokes." Ashton says. He runs out of the room. We all hear a door slam.

"I'll go talk to him." Charlotte says running to Ashtons room. I feel this scratchy, dryness in the back of my throat and the feeling of hunger growing in my stomach.

"Cal. I-i." I can't get my words out.

"Blood! Michael, run downstairs, get O." Michael nods and is back in 5 seconds.

"Sorry it took me so long, we are almost out of O." Michael says. 

I rip the blood bag from his hand and drink it down in seconds. The thought of drinking blood made me want to puke, but the taste of it. It was heavenly! I wonder what it's like straight from the vein? I'll have to figure that out for myself. 

"Oh no you won't." I hear Ashton yell.

"Get out if my head Ash!!" I yell. 

"I'm still hungry." I say to Calum. He takes my hand and we race down the stairs to the basement. He leads me to the blood freezer and opened it. I feel this sharp pain coming from my gums.

My fangs.

The pain of them growing out hurts like a son of a bitch and I feel like screaming. Calum must have felt the pain and hurt I was feeling and soon enough the pain was gone. Calum made me feel calm and not to anxious.

"I know babe. The fangs hurt the first couple times coming out, but it gets easier." Calum says holding my hand in his.

"So, can I drink the blood now?" I ask laughing. Calum hands me a bag of blood. A-. Alright let's try it. I open the bag and drink it like a juice box. Wow. That is really sweet. Oh god no! I shake my head at Calum and he talks the bag away from me. He grabs another bag. B+. I open that on too and take a sip from it. I retract almost instantly. It's so fucking sour!!!! It's like I just put a bag of Warheads hard candies in my mouth! I want to spit it out. I see a bucket in the corner of the room. Hey I know this bucket. I should really just write on it Val's spit bucket. I spit the really sour blood into the bucket.

"Alright so now we know that you don't like A or B. Maybe we can try this one." Calum says taking out another bag. AB+. Alright. I open this one, take a breath and sip it. I expect to want to puke, but it's actually really good. Not to sweet and not to sour. I drink the whole bag in 2 gulps.

"Well, now I know that this is your preferred drink. I'll make sure to get Ashton to get extra AB blood." Calum says putting his arm around me. He closes the freezer and we make our way back up stairs.

Hey guys!!!

So Val's the White Eyed Vampire!! Also we figured out the Council won't like to know that she's a vampire. So it's a secret!! Ssshhh!!!

In the mean time... follow me on...

Twitter - AbbySchonnop
Instagram - 5sosgirl512, _im_punk_rock_5sos, and shadowhunter_runes_lightwood
Spotify - 5sosmde12
Musical'ly - abbyschonnop1
YouTube - Catherine Schonnop

Love you guys!!

Abby xox