Chapter 5

Calum's POV

I was sitting in the backyard by the pool, feet dangling in the water, thinking. That's all I've been doing. Thinking why Val has been acting different ever since she Changed... I have no idea what is going on with her...

I get up from my sitting position and grab my shoes and start walking inside. I grab my keys and put my shoes on properly.

"I'll be back in a bit." I yell. I didn't hear a reply back so I just went out the door.

Taking in the cool Sydney air, I hop in the car and drive into town. I role the windows down and blast Pierce The Veil through the radio.

I arrive in town. I park the car and start to walk. Nowhere in particular, just until I feel like going home. I just need to clear my head.

As I walk downtown, I admire all the city lights. I remember long long ago where there wasn't any man made lighting, just candle lights. Dim and romantic. Now, it's all colour and brightness, guiding your way through the big city.

"Oophh!!" I hear someone say with a thud.

"Oh my God! Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" I say looking down at a girl, no taller than 5 foot with brown hair wearing a Pierce the Veil shirt, short shorts and white, hightop Converse.

"It's okay. I wasn't really looking either. Just thinking you know." She says as I pulled her to her feet. She looks up and her eyes go wide.

"Okay, now I'm really sorry! Your Calum Hood." She whispers the last part, making sure no one could hear what she was saying.

"Yes I am. Are you a fan?" I ask her. She nods histaricly. "Here. How about I get you something to eat as an apology for knocking you flat on your ass." I say laughing a little. She laughed too. She has a cute laugh.

"Sure. I mean, if you want to." She says twiddling her fingers."

"I want to." I say as we walk.

"So what do you want to eat?" I ask her.

"Taco Bell." She says. We walk to the closest Taco Bell and she orders her food and I order mine. We sit in a booth across from each other when she starts asking questions.

"So what's it like being a vampire." She asks ever so casually. I almost choke on my food.

"What?" I said in between coughs.

"Don't play dumb Calum. I've known for a while. And no I haven't told anyone." The girl says.

"How did you find out?" I whisper.

"I'm a history major. I know things." She says taking a bite out of her taco.

This girl just got hella interesting.

"So, I never got your name." I say to her.

"Carly. Nice to officially meet you." She says reaching her hand out for me to shake.

I felt something stick my wrist while I was shaking her hand. I knew exactly what it was.

"Hunter." I say under my breath.

"Took you long enough, vamp." Carly said to me, the last word under her breath. "But I will say I'm not here to kill you, and I actually like your band. I'm here to warn you. Council member Alice is dead and they have replaced her already. Her name is Devin Fray. She's can take away people senses. (A/N. Don't even day it people. I know. Twilight. Alec. Ya ya ya.)

"I've heard about her. She's very well known in the vampire community." I say to her as she takes a bite of food. She finishes her food and throws out her garbage. We head out the door to my car. Once in the car we continue our conversation.

So what are they planning on doing? Do you know?" I ask her as I start up the car.

"No. I have no idea. But I have a feeling they are coming here." Carly says to me. I pull out of my spot and start driving to the house. Everyone has to know about this.

"Okay. Now don't freak out but, in taking you to my place to tell the rest of my clan." I tell her. I see her stiffen.

"Relax. They won't hurt you, I'll make sure of that." I say. She relaxes. I slightly made her bit what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

"Okay. I'm not leaving my weapon in the car though." She says looks at me, showing the stake she had in her sleeve and in her boot and the small one she had in her pocket.

"That's fine. You won't need them." I say to her, meaning it.

We arrive at the house. I park the car and run over to open the door for her. We walk to the front door. I open it and in a flash everyone is at the door, vamp eyes on show.

"Oh shit."

Hey guys!!

I UPDATED!! I UPDATED!!

I'm really sorry this book is going so slow... I'm really trying it's just that this year has been really stressful with school and work and family stuff.

I'm seriously so sorry guys!! I really hope you guys liked this chapter and the new character. A Hunter. Wow I'm so original 😂 I'm kidding.

So in the mean time... follow me on...

Twitter - AbbySchonnop
Instagram - 5sosgirl512, _im_punk_rock_mikey, and makeup_beauty_proud
Musically - pse_abby
YouTube - Abby Schonnop

Love you guys!!

Abby xox