Chapter 8

Val's POV

As I followed Rena down the street, after we dumped the body, I saw that we were going out of town.

"Do you not live in Sydney?" I ask her.

"No, we live on the outskirts." She said.

"We?" I question.

"Yeah, my band and I. Miranda, Casey, Ian and my sister Nia." She says as she stops in front of a house, probably 6 bedrooms, 2 stories, not as big as out house but big enough.

We get to the front door and I get a weird feeling. Hunger. But I just ate!! The craving for blood is shocking due to the fact that I almost killed a guy.

"Hey, Rena. Do you have any blood bags in your house. I'm a little hungry." I say. And a little hungry was a HUGE understatement.

"Yeah they are in the fridge." She says as she opens the door. I race to the fridge and grab a bag of blood not even caring hat the type was.

"Who are you?" A blonde girl asks.

"Val. Rena's friend." I say, after chugging down the bag of blood. I whip my mouth with the back of my hand and throw the bag away.

"I'm Miranda. I'm a witch." Miranda says to me. I've never met a witch before.

"I've never met a witch before." I say.

"There aren't many in the US. Come on, you can meet the rest of the band." Miranda says showing me towards the living room. I seen a not with long hair and a boy with short hair playing some type of video game and a girl with puffy dark brown hair sitting on a piano bench.

"The long haired boy is Casey, then short haired boy is Ian and the girl is Nia. Rena's sister. Casey is a werewolf, Ian is a warlock and Nia is a vampire. I'm the oldest. I haven't aged since I was 22." Miranda says.

"Whats your actual age?" I ask her.

"I'm 983 years old." She says calmly, like it was nothing.

"Holy shit. You've been around a long time!" I say enthusiastically.

"Yes I have and I've seen many people die. Being immortal is not as fun as you think, young vampire." Miranda says to me. That strikes a thought.

What would my parents and brother look like in 30 years? My parents might be dead and my brother would look older and I would still be 19. I would have to have a fake ID for the rest of my life, even though I look 21.

"So what do you do with Casey when it's a full moon?" I ask Miranda.

"We lock him in the basement and I use magic to lock him in there super tight." Miranda says walking towards the chair in the corner of the room. We both have a seat, her on the chair and me on the floor on front of her.

"So why did Rena bring me here?" I ask her.

"Because you are the key to everything. The key to freeing everyone from the Councils rane. You can free us." Miranda says, staring me dead in the eye.

No pressure. I think to myself. The key to freeing everyone. Now I feel a little faint. Thank God I'm sitting or else I probably would've fallen on my face.

"Are you okay?" Miranda asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine. I think I just need to go home and rest. It was nice meeting you all." I say getting up. Everyone mutters a goodbye as I reach the door.  I walk outside and let the cold, Sydney night air wash over me. I start to walk home thinking about how I could really over thought Francesca. Even the thought of doing that scared me...