t w o

"Love is smoke and is made with the fume of sighs."

William Shakespeare

December 4th, 2013

THE NEXT MORNING, I roll out of bed with a pencil glued to my cheek, computer keyboard imprints on my forehead, and my hand stuck in a textbook.

This was a great way to start my morning.

Yesterday, all my teachers had decided to cram every single bit of homework they could into my tiny little planner, which took me into all hours of the night to finish.

My life was seriously awesome right now!

I hope you could sense the sarcasm in that sentence.

"Kennedy Summers! If your ass isn't out of bed by the time I get to your room, I swear I will-"

My mom must have noticed the fact that my arm was stuck in a textbook or a pencil eraser was half in my mouth because she turned right back around and went back downstairs.

Well, not before yelling, "try not to be late for school honey!"

I swear that women was bipolar.

I got out of my bed and made my way to my bathroom. Ripping off the pencil from my cheek which had been glued there by my own drool.

I had great sleeping habits, I know.

I then studied the keyboard marks on my forehead. Becoming impressed with myself as I could see small keyboard squares faintly make out some of the letters. Cool enough my forehead spelled out "WERT" which may have been totally impossible but hey, I guess my forehead had found a way.

***

I made it to my first-period class five minutes early, which I had been very proud of. I used that time to check my homework and make sure I hadn't left anything out- while you know my pencil had been glued to my cheek.

"Hey, Kends."

I look up to see the turquoise eyes and boyish smile from the mysterious new boy I had just met yesterday.

"Don't you have a mind of your own? Not even a day after meeting my friends your already calling me their nick names."

"Ugh whatever, I have to come up with something interesting for you, considering you're my only friend..." Carter says sheepishly.

"Jeez Carter, you gotta get yourself back out there man!"

In all honestly, I was pretty surprised. Carter was a charming guy. He didn't seem very shy for one thing, and I was almost positive that girls probably already had their eye on him.

Hey, our school was full of thirsty girls- no lie.

He shakes his head, "I was never... out there in the first place."

"That's it, I'm going to give you some advice on being social," I say.

"Are you serious," Carter groans, "like you have enough experience to give me friend making advice," he mutters.

"Hey! Rude! And you met my friends yesterday so that is totally untrue- wait," I realize Carter's strange words and suddenly stop mid sentence, "did you just say 'friend-making'?" I question.

"Just shut up, and yes friend making."

I roll my eyes, "do you want my advice or not?"

Carter groans, "fire away," he slouches back in his chair, very well knowing this was going to be a very long period.