f o u r

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart, it was not my lips you kissed but my soul."
- Judy Garland

February 10th, 2014

CARTER HAD MOVES- I had to admit. I mean who would ever guess that him, of all people, would be so smooth out on the dance floor.

Experience I guess...

A song with a steady beat starts and I continue to jump and laugh with Carter, our eyes lingering on each other- and only each other.

He was staring into my eyes so intensely, I almost had to look away. His blue irises demonstrated every emotion, whether he knew it or not... and right now, I saw desire.

I wasn't ready for what happened next, as Carter grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to him, his eyes scanning down my body hungrily.

I feel a rush of heat overtake me and bite my lip in anticipation as he intertwines our fingers. He starts to move us in unison, taking the lead the whole time.

His eyes never left mine.

I ignored the pool of desire rising in my stomach as I studied how truly sexy Carter looked right now. He was so carefree, so confident, so... attractive.

He leaned closer stopping only when our faces were a centimeter away, "Kennedy," he whispers breathlessly. I feel a flutter at the mention of my name from his lips, "I need to-"

Carter is cut off by a wave of blond who steps in front of me.

I stop dancing.

"Dance with me!" She yells at Carter over the loud music, "you're fucking hot!" She adds.

Carter stifles a laugh while giving her a confused look, but I knew he loved it. Of course he did, she was beautiful.

She shakes her hips to the beat and a seductive expression makes it's way onto her face.

I would've laughed from her absolute ridiculousness if it wasn't for my continuous trance on Carter.

He was charmed. He wasn't looking at me anymore. He was looking at her.

I didn't know why I was jealous, and I hated that I was.

I look back to Carter, his eyes already on me. An unrecognizable look was in his eyes, he cared. At least it looked like he did...

Please don't look at me that way. I pleaded internally. Especially when you have a girl in the palm of your hand right in front of you...

I needed a drink.

"I'll be back," I yell, "have fun," I add with a bitter tone that I didn't expect.

Carter gives me a confused look, motioning towards his ears and shrugging. He couldn't hear a thing.

I restrain myself from an eye roll, which took me all of my willpower. I instead point to the drink table at the end of the room and don't wait for his reaction. I didn't want to see.

I trudge off in a trance of anger, not caring about anything other than the fact that I not only just got ditched, but that Carter was literally about to tell me something important.

"Watch it!"

I am suddenly struck with cold, smelly reality in the form of cheap vodka.

"I'm so sorry!" I say, even though I was the one with the wet clothes.

However, the culprit was long gone. Probably to get another drink, or to grind up against anything that moves.