s e v e n

February 12th, 2014

FIRST OF ALL, how the hell did Carter Thompson walk out of bio without a single question or even a classic scolding?

Not even kidding, he just simply grabbed his bag and walked straight out of class.

I would've found it funny if I hadn't had just gotten in an argument with him.

I smirk to myself discreetly, as I think about Carter's dramatic exit, but then immediately frown as I come to realize that it was my fault. It may have seemed stupid, but Carter and I had already shared a lot with each other- maybe almost too much. I guess he became too familiar with the idea of my openness and had expected that I would tell him everything going on my life.

Boys are stupid.

"Someone's sexually frustrated."

Had I said that aloud?

I turn to my right to see Noah plop into the desk next to me. It was period four, english- and Carter still hadn't come back to class.

"Impossible," I say with a smile, without missing a beat, "you would actually have to have sex in order to be frustrated," I end with a slight chuckle while giving a Noah a pointed look, "although out of the two of us, I think that's more likely to be one of your problems."

Noah immediately blushes and looks away while mumbling something incoherent.

This was a rough spot for Hannah and Noah. In the beginning of their relationship they had a slight problem with intimacy. And by slight I mean major. They weren't able to get past the awkwardness of no longer being flirt buddies, and instead legitimate boyfriend and girlfriend. It took them a few months for them to become fully comfortable with each other and the intimacy in a normal relationship.

They had improved a lot since then, especially since they had been dating for a year; although, they still haven't done the ~deed~ which you might call strange for a high school relationship of their seriousness.

Although we were sophomores, it was early. And to be completely honest, I didn't think either of them were ready.

"Aw hey," I say as I lightly punch his arm, "I'm kidding."

I couldn't afford to get into another fight today...

Noah laughs, "I know Kends, I'd be an idiot to think that Hannah hasn't told you everything."

That's what I loved about Noah. He didn't take anything too seriously. I could joke with him all I wanted and he wouldn't say a thing, because he's just a nice guy. I was happy for him and Hannah, although I'd be lying if I didn't say that I felt a twinge of jealousy. Why couldn't my life be drama free? And why couldn't I get a fucking boyfriend?

God I'm such a teen.

"How's Aiden doing today? He had a killer hangover yesterday," Noah asks, purposely changing the subject.

"How would I know how Aiden's doing?" It came out more snippy than I had originally intended, but it conveyed my true feelings.

Hey, it was warranted! That asshole forgot about me!

He forgot all of it. The bathroom, and that wall, the way his lips touched mine, and-

"Jeez, sorry. thought you guys were best friends," Noah says, while annoyingly interrupting my hormonal thoughts.

"You know he's your best friend too. He's not all my responsibility," I reply. And it was true, why did I need to know everything about Aiden? He'll probably be hooking up with some new girl by sixth period, and I didn't want to know that... nor did I care.