t h r e e

Love is that person who enters your life
out of nowhere and suddenly means the world to you.
Unknown

February 10th, 2014

LET ME TELL YOU- high school sucks.

All the work, responsibility, pressure, and drama leads all of us to complete resentment for the public school system.

This is why I welcome the weekend more than anything else.

It was a cloudy, cold, Saturday in which my only plans were to sleep until noon and binge the rest of Gossip Girl on Netflix.

However this idea was tarnished the minute I heard a small ding from my phone.

"Shit," I curse, already knowing that it was one of my friends trying to get ahold of me. They loved to be social- which I resented slightly from time to time.

"Get up." The text read from Aiden.

"Why?" I reply almost immediately.

"We have plans."

I groan. We didn't even talk about anything! Netflix marathon ruined...

"I was planning on watching Netflix all day." I reply. I could practically feel Aiden rolling his eyes at this moment.

"We're going to the movies, that's basically the same thing as Netflix."

He did have a point.

"What movie?" I needed a tad bit more convincing.

"That chick flick, just came out I think."

I squeal inwardly and immediately push my covers back and get up out of my bed.

What? A girl enjoyed her romance.

"What about Hannah and Georgia?" I ask Aiden.

"Both coming- Noah too."

I smile, the girls and I have been wanting to see this movie for ages, I think we've watched the trailer a minimum of twenty times in the past month.

Suddenly I am struck with an idea. One that may not have been the best, but YOLO... right?

I unlock my phone once and again and let my fingers hover over the keyboard, wondering how Aiden would react.

"Can I invite Carter?"

I wait for a reply, staring cautiously at my phone, nerves rising in my chest. Aiden was defensive with new people. The day he met Noah he was immediately struck with the idea that he wasn't good enough for Hannah, therefore refusing to hang out with Noah for a few weeks until he learned that Noah really was there to stay. Finally he let him in and the two became good friends. I only hoped the same thing would happen with Carter.

I notice three small dots and a cloud, implying that Aiden was texting back a reply. The cloud disappears a second later. I sigh. They pop up once again after a few seconds. Then his reply is revealed.