Chapter Fourteen

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Emalee’s POV*

I usually went that way every day from school. It was a normal route for me. If I didn’t take it, I’d be adding 15 minutes to my trip home. But that day I made a mistake in going that way.

I was walking through the alley when I heard the loud clash of bottles hitting the pavement. I froze in my spot as I saw the two drunken men only a few feet away. I quickly turned around and started to walk away.

“Hey, where do you think you’re going, beautiful?” one of them called out to me.

I picked up my pace, but I was quickly knocked to the ground. I was spun around and came face to face with one of the males. He smirked at me and crashed his lips to mine. All I could taste was the alcohol on his breath, and it was no pleasant. I cried in protest and tried desperately to push him off of me, but it didn’t work. I wished I could scream.

Next thing I know, something was tackling my attacker to the ground. I scrambled to my feet and looked up to see a humungous animal fighting the two men. In a matter of seconds, they were both knocked out. I just stood there in shock, not believing the sight in front of me. The animal turned around and I froze when I saw the black eyes make contact with my own eyes. I didn’t run though. I wasn’t scared. In fact, I was relieved and thankful. This animal had saved my life.

He slowly made his way over to me and nudged his head against my back, trying to get me to move back towards the rode where I came from. I refused to budge though.

“Thank you,” I muttered to the beast.

He whined and pushed me more. When I refused to move once again, the beast lay down. I kept my eyes transfixed on him. Cracking began to come from where he was and within a few seconds, a male had replaced the beast. My jaw dropped wide open.

“You’re…you’re the guy from the concert,” I gasped.

“Yes, my dear,” he replied. “Are you alright?”

“I-I’m f-fine,” I stuttered. “What-what are you?”

“I didn’t want you to find out like this, but I had no choice,” he said. “I couldn’t let you get hurt either. But, Emalee, I’m a werewolf.”

I burst into laughter. “You know, this is actually really funny! This doesn’t happen! This only happens in Twilight!” I giggled. “Now all of a sudden, it’s reality? HAHAHA!”

“Glad to see you find this amusing,” he frowned.

“Oh, come on, no hard feelings,” I said with a smile. “You know I’m not trying to insult you. I just find this hilarious and kind of ironic!”

He sighed. “Do you maybe want to come with me so I can explain some things?”