Chapter Sixteen

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Matt’s POV*

I transformed into my wolf and ran into the woods in search of my brother. I found him crouched over in the middle of a clearing, whining with his paws over his eyes. I nudged at his side with my head.

Caleb? I sent a message through our bond. What’s wrong, brother?

She…she rejected me, he said.

Who? Rosie?

He whined in response, making my heart stop. He was denied by his mate. Holy crap.

Do you know why? I questioned.

All because I’m an Alpha. We were going to mate, but once I told her the consequences, she didn’t want me. I claimed her already, Matt. I can’t live without her. I’ll go crazy without her, he said. His voice was full of pain.

Caleb, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what to say. Maybe you just need to give her time.

She doesn’t want time. She just wants to stay away from me forever.

She won’t be able to do it, Cay. You know that. Maybe I can get Nadina to speak with her? I suggested.

Please, just, just do something. I need her.

I know you do Caleb. And I’m sorry. I’ll go talk to Dina. Are you going to be okay?

He nodded his wolf head and I turned to leave.

Howl if you need anything, I said before running off to the bonfire.

I found Nadina sitting there, laughing with her friends. She was showing them her mark and they were all grinning at her. I smiled and sat down next to her, wrapping an arm around her.

“Was everything okay?” she asked, looking me in the eyes.

“No, not at all,” I whispered. “Rosie denied Caleb.”

“WHAT?!?” she screamed. I covered her mouth with my hand and shushed her.

She smirked and licked my fingers slowly. I felt the lust build up in me, but I pushed it back. I can’t be feeling this way when my brother is in pain.

“Yes, Rosie denied him,” I replied. “He’s in pain. He needs her. Would you be able to speak to her?”

“Absolutely,” she responded. “Right after I get some alone time with you.”