Chapter Eighteen

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Caleb’s POV*

I heard the car driving up the driveway before anyone else did. I stood up and peeked out the window to see all of our mates walking up to the house. Rosie’s scent filled my nose as I whipped the door open. She gasped as she looked up at me. I tried to hide my desire for her, but my eyes were flashing back and forth from normal to the yellow lusting color. My friends saw, so they pushed me back so that they could greet their mates. Soon, our living room was crowded to the max. Everyone from the pack was sitting in here in silence, looking at the 7 girls.

The boys introduced everyone, including Rosie. I gave them a glare. I could’ve done it myself thank you very much! Soon the room erupted in conversation and I was left there, awkwardly staring at her. She was oblivious to my gaze as she jammed out to her iPod and played on it. I finally got up the nerve to sit next to her. She automatically tensed up.

“How are you?” I asked, trying to start a conversation.

“Alright I guess,” she shrugged. “You?”

“Better now that you’re here,” I admitted. “You know, I’ve really missed you.”

She smiled a bit. “I’ve missed you also,” she said. “Listen, I’m really sorry about running off like that. I was scared and I didn’t know what to do.”

“It’s alright. I understand. But I really need to know one thing. Do you really not want me?”

She shook her head. “I can’t leave you when you’re in need,” she said. “And anyways, I love you Caleb. You should know that. But I’m not ready to have your pups yet.”

“Hate to break it to you babe, but you’re going to have to mate with him before the war,” Nadina leaned over and told her.

Her eyes grew wide and I looked at her, scared of what her reaction was going to be. Was she going to run again?

“Do I really have to Caleb? I’m not ready to have a child. I can’t…” she trailed off. I could tell she was freaking out. “I mean, the girls told me I would have to in order to keep you strong, but…”

“I hate doing this to you Rosie, but yes, we have to mate before this war. I need to be at my full strength. I’m the Alpha.”

She leaned into my chest and wrapped her arms around me.

“I guess we’ll have to do what we have to do,” she muttered.

“Don’t worry. We’ll deal with it when the time comes. I’m not pushing you into it right now,” I reassured her, kissing the top of her head.

*Dimitri’s POV*