Chapter Twenty One

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Jack’s POV*

I was so relieved when Caleb finally called everyone down. All I wanted was to kill that sick bastard whom had kidnapped my mate. Who knew what they would do to her. She’s just an innocent girl!

We finally entered the woods and we were ordered to shift. Once I did, my nose was filled with a strange yet familiar scent. I ran ahead of the pack, following the scent until at last we reached a small river. The scent was fading due to the rushing water and wind.

Can you smell anything? Caleb questioned through the link.

I’ve lost it, I grumbled.

Focus Jack. Don’t let your anger get the best of you, he said.

I took a deep breath and once again the scent filled my nostrils, except this time it was faint.

This way, I said, motioning my head to the left.

I took off towards the direction and the pack followed. Finally we came across a cave; a cave that smelt like werewolves; familiar werewolves. They must be here.

We have found their hide out, Caleb called out. We will approach with extreme caution.

Caleb sauntered forward and we stayed in place. We couldn’t risk anybody getting hurt this early on in the game.

A loud chorus of growls echoed throughout the forest. We all got in fighting stance, frozen where we stood. All of a sudden we were surrounded by wolves coming out of the darkness. I growled when Brian stepped forward with Diana resting on his back, unconscious.

*Caleb’s POV*

I didn’t think you’d have enough nerve to actually show up, Brian cackled through the mind link. Who are you looking for? This beautiful human right here?

He shrugged Diana off of his back and she went crashing to the ground. Jack whimpered from behind me.

The only reason we took her was to lure you here. We don’t want to wait any longer. It’s time for us to fight, he spoke.

Give us Diana and we’ll leave in peace, I growled.

He chuckled. Can’t you see that we don’t want peace? I swear, sometimes you are the most idiotic Alpha I have ever met. I’ll make you a deal though. If you give me the pack, I’ll keep this beauty alive.

No deal.

Then we fight. Simple enough. Attack pack! He ordered his pack.