Chapter Twenty Two

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Rosie’s POV*

I chased after Caleb when he took off. He ran off to his father’s study and slammed the door behind him. I cautiously pushed the door open and slipped in. He was sitting with his head resting on the desk, sobs rocking his body. Tears came to my eyes from seeing him like that. Seeing my mate so torn up was killing me.

I stepped forward and paused when he looked up.

“Get out,” he ordered.

I shook my head. “No, I’m not leaving you like this,” I said.

“I SAID TO GET OUT, GOD DAMMIT!” he screamed.

I cringed, but I didn’t move.

“You know, just because I’m your mate, you don’t get to boss me around! I’m an independent and I go by my own rules! I’m trying to comfort you and you’re just pushing me away! You can’t hold it in, Caleb!”

He sighed. “I don’t want you to see me like this. I don’t want you to think I’m weak.”

I walked towards him and plopped down on his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked him on the lips.

“I would never think you’re weak. A man who cries is a real man. I love that you’re able to show your emotions. And it’s normal for you to cry. Your mother just died,” I said.

He nuzzled his head into my neck and sighed.

“Why did she have to get killed? She’s the only one left besides my brother and you,” he said.

“And our pup,” I smiled.

He grinned and put his hand on my stomach. “And our pup,” he agreed. “Do you want to go to the pack doctor tonight?”

“How about we go after your mother’s funeral? We need to arrange everything,” I said. “Plus, Diana needs to be taken care of by the doctor. She’s injured.”

“Alright, will you help me with the funeral arrangements?” he asked.

I nodded and we went to work.

*Jack’s POV*

The pack doctor had to take care of Sarah’s body and then she took Diana in. We dressed her in a hospital gown and laid her down in the pack infirmary. The whole time she was lying there unconscious, members were coming in and out to get their wounds tended to. At last, the doctor came over to us.