Chapter Twenty Six

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Diana’s POV*

I woke up feeling extremely hot and weighed down. I opened my eyes to see Jack with his arms around me with two blankets on top of us. No wonder why I was hot!

“Jack, wake up,” I whispered, trying not to disturb the other couple we were sharing the tent with.

He mumbled something inaudible and then snuggled closer to me. I slapped his face, making him jolt awake. I giggled quietly as we both got up and headed out of the tent. Aliah was sitting by the fire with a blanket wrapped around her.

“Good morning guys,” she smiled. “You hungry?”

I went to open my mouth to respond, but instead my stomach answered for me. We all laughed.

“I’m going to take that as a yes,” she said. “Ethan is inside making pancakes and bacon. He should be out soon.”

We sat down next to her and chatted until we saw Roni and Nik come from the backyard. They both looked tired and disheveled.

“Did you two have fun last night?” I teased.

“Why, yes. Thank you for asking,” Roni said sarcastically. “But it actually was amazing.”

“I’m glad to hear that. Congrats on mating, guys,” Jack said to them with a smile.

“Thanks man,” Nik grinned. “Where’s the grub? I’m starved!”

“Starved from what?” Ethan teased. Aliah slapped him.

“That is for me to know and for you not to find out,” Nik shot back, chuckling.

“I have food!” Ethan yelled as he walked outside.

All of a sudden, everyone was stirring and coming out of the tents. It was like the living dead had awoken.

We ate while talking and laughing. However, all of the joking ceased when the call was received. The guys were ordered inside and they came back out with frowns on their faces.

“What’s wrong baby?” Rosie asked Caleb, wrapping her arms around him.

He shrugged her off and she stared at him shocked and somewhat hurt. She scooted away from him, a tear slipping down her cheek. I looked at her sympathetically. I knew she hated being rejected like that and Caleb had no idea how small things like that made her feel.

“Caleb is there something wrong?” she asked quietly.

He turned to look at her and his face softened when he saw the sad expression on her face. He went to touch her, but she shied away.