11

Next morning when I got out of my room, I realised Elena was quarrelling with Jeremy about the bathroom. Elena was banging on the bathroom door. I thought this nonsense should be gone now.

"Elena... go use my bathroom,"I said. She sighed but then thanked me after she gave her last growl to Jeremy.

When I walked down to my kitchen and saw Stefan. I wondered if he does this every single day. Goodness. Elena sure do get lazy. "Hello Prince Charming.  You waiting for Elena?" Stefan chuckled while he was preparing breakfast.

"Far from charming,"he replied. "Elena sure do meet the right guy. Especially when he comes to fetch and... make coffee for her," I giggled.

"Thank you....." he nodded his head and smiled. "I made coffee for her, yes. so.. do you want some too?" he asked. 

"oh yes please!" I cheered as I placed my bag on the counter. He handed me a cup of warm milk coffee. Hmm... that warmth in my grip, smell of coffee entered my nostril. When was the last time I received coffee from someone. 

I sipped my coffee while he spoke, "So.. Emma, are you free this evening?" oh my god. Was he asking me out? What was he trying to do? But he was dating Elena. "Damon likes you. He can't shut his mouth. Emma this and that. He wants me to ask you." I laughed. "So it's a no? He says something about power," I took another sip and then shook my head.

"Power? oh yes.. I am powerful,"I joked.  "Plus I already got a date today. And... Not sorry, I don't date vampire," I smiled. A while later, Elena came down with her back pack. "Morning Elena" I greeted her.

"Morning Em." Elena greeted back then went to Stefan and kissed him. They do looked great together. "so... are you coming with us? Since you said you want to register yourself." Elena asked while she grabbed the cup of coffee that Stefan handed to her. Stefan looked at me.

"Hmm sure...If Stefan don't mind. "I smiled as I went to the sick and washed the cup.

"Not at all." Stefan said. So Stefan, Elena and I went to school.

Elena and Stefan said their goodbyes to me with a hug before Elena went off to meet with Caroline and Bonnie. I managed to reach the general office and had a talk with the principal, Mr. Webber. He looked through my records and gladly accepted me to the school. In 2 days, he will inform me what class I would be in. Phew! One done.

Meanwhile he said, I could go around the school to  familiarise with the location. Of only I have a map, like the Marauders' map. I thanked him and walked out of the principal office. I started with the library and then the canteen.

Lastly I walked around the corridors to see the different classes. I was just looking at the glass cabinet which display the trophies when a voice was heard, "Excuse me.. why aren't you in class?" I jumped as I heard a male's voice.

I looked at the man whose age could be in the range of 30 to late 30's. He had the short straight dirty blonde hair. He was tall and he dressed up pretty well.

Without wasting more of his time, I uttered. "Sorry.. erm... I just registered myself. I'm just...waiting for a reply for my schedule. he allows me to walk around the school," I gave him a genuine smile.

"Ah.. great. Welcome... My name is Mr. Alaric Saltzman. You are from London, aren't you?" he asked. He stood in a relax manner while his right arm clutched a thick book against his right waist. He seems to be a very nice teacher. Hopefully. From what I had manage to see from the cover of the books, he would be the history teacher.

Giving a nice smile, I introduced myself. "Hi Sir, My name is Emma Gilbert. I am actually born in America.. I just studied abroad." When I said my name he seems to be surprise. Did he knew Jeremy or Elena? Because from that look upon his face, I could tell he knew them.

"So you are Elena and Jeremy's sister?" He asked. I nodded my head telling him he got that right. "Well they didn't mention about you ... but it doesn't matter. I have to get to class. I hope you have a good time in Mystic Falls High." He smiled.

I grinned ,"thank you sir. " and then he left for his history class in a hurry. Most probably. I looked at the time and it was 9 in the morning. Maybe I should get to work. No... maybe I should asked Hermione if she wanted to get a cup of tea and we could talk. As much as I wanted to use my wand to send a patronus message, I would look like a weirdo. Although muggles could not see it, I would looked utterly ridiculous with a stick on my hand. Even if the stick was craved beautifully. just imagine someone waved the stick. Yoo hoo... i'm crazy..

I walked out of the school and took my phone out and called Hermione. However, she had not been picking up. She probably busy with her job. It was early, I had no work for the day. So I went to the Mystic Grill. Since I was not yet legal to drink, I guess Ice Lemon Tea was all I got. But... I guess I am a rebel. I spike it with some alcohol, via magic.

As I placed my drink to my lips, I noticed Klaus walked in with his brother and both were walking towards my table. Urgh. Handsome and an asshole. Both sat in front of me, uninvitedly. "Hmmm Emma, is it?" Asked Klaus.

I smirked at him, looking straight into his eyes. Well I was not paying much attention to the brother. "Er... It's Emily," I rolled my eyes. "It was only 5 hours ago , Darling. Didn't expect you to forget my name." sarcastically I replied him. Klaus laughed as if it was funny. Elijah on the other hand, stayed quiet. "What do you want? or are you here just because you are bothered that I hurt you last night? Pretty powerful for a human, right?" I smirked.

"Elena didn't tell me, she has a sister." Elijah spoke, changing the subject.

"None of your business anyway,"I smiled. Klaus was going to speak when my phone rang. I took it out from my pocket and answered it. "Draco, what is it?" I asked. Klaus and Elijah looked at me, they were eavesdropping. Certainly.

"I'm sorry... We got to cancel our date today, "Draco said, slightly disappointed with himself. "I had to work. I am really sorry..." he continued.

"Nah. It's alright. I have to go anyway, I've got company..." I replied with a smile to Draco, not disappointed at all, but I knew that once you are an Auror, your time would mostly be spend chasing the bastards. I kept my phone and looked up to see Klaus smiling away, laughing at how pathetic I looked. " So what do you want?" laid back.

"We want our family back and you are going to tell the Salvatore brothers to return them back or...extreme measures will be taken." Elijah ordered, arms folded.

"what kind of extreme measure? killing us? That will be so.. exciting!! Anything new?" sarcastically I replied.

"I am not joking about this!" Yelled Klaus as he leaned closer to me with his hands banged on the table. Elijah had put his hand on Klaus' chest to stop him from doing things he might regret.

"'Kay. no worries. I will make sure no one...gets hurts...But I cannot confirm you will get your family back since I don't see eye to eye with Damon," I sneered. Then I stood up, "I have better things to do... I will tell the Salvatore brothers your message. " I smiled and tempted to walk away but Elijah grabbed my wrist.

"You better. Klaus doesn't like to be disappointed. And so do i..." He said, looking down at me, meaning every word. I shrugged his hand off my wrist and walked out of the door without looking back.

"Sorry. but I don't care." With that I shrugged my hands off and left.

*Elijah
I followed and watched her as she walked towards the car park. She put her hand in her pocket and took her mobile phone out and dialled the numbers. There were rings. Long. Then followed by a voice. A male voice. Damon's. "Emma... What?"

"Oh wow.. How rude... anyways, Elijah and Klaus made a visit to the Grill and gave me a message for you and your brother. They mean business. They want their siblings back. If not, they will take extreme measures. Probably killing you or Stefan, or Elena, or Jeremy , or Alaric... or..."

"yea yea... I get it...Too bad... I am not giving back." Then the line when dead. She shook her head like nothing bad happen.

"what did you hear brother?" Klaus asked.

"You heard it, Niklaus...." I uttered as I ran off with my vampire speed.