22

*Emma
Once I locked my bedroom door, before going to the bathroom. It was only 10 at night and I would be needed at M.O.M. I better sleep early since I had to wake up at 3 in the morning. The shower was amazing. Especially after the hectic day. Work, shopping and then the ball.

Stupid. Redundant ball. Wanna kill your children. Gosh just use your magic and decapitate them.

It was 11pm when I was finally in my pyjamas, hair tied up in a messy bun and my feet snuggling into my fluffy night slipper. Suddenly I got hungry, I swore I had nothing when I was there. Not even a drink. I never trust his mother even on the first day I met her.

I dreamt my friends died when they kill Finn. Those kind of dreams usually comes true. Thank goodness for once Klaus did not drink the wine.

Before I went to bed, I went down to the kitchen to get a glass of milk when I saw the Salvatore brothers, Elena, Jeremy, Alaric, Caroline and Bonnie were there. They looked at me and stopped their conversation when they saw me," Oh don't stop because I am here."

Suspicious!

I gave a faint smile and drank my milk, minding my own business. The room went quiet. They probably did not want me there. I looked out of the locked window to see an owl flapping its wing trying to get in. A letter was tied at its legs. "hello little birdie...." I said with my sweet cute voice while i unlocked the window and brought the owl in. I untied the letter on its leg and freed her. "Thank You Precious." Precious was my new owl. It has a brown feathers with gorgeous black pupils.

I closed my window and walked to the counter, my eyes glued to the letter. It read :
Dear Miss Emma Gilbert,

I,

Mister Benedict Gigabolt, Head of Missing Headquarter will need your assistance on searching missing kids that were kidnapped by Rubus Crookjean. He had been kidnapping little kids and removing their memory for his amusement. There were 6 kids that were scattered around the world. Crookjean is now locked up in Azkaben under tight security. The names to the kids are shown below.

1. Rupert Yoke
2. James Glenn
3. Peter Hive
4. Lillian Bart
5. Helena Newton
6. Marvin Martin

You are to work with Hermione Granger on this case for at least 4 months. Please report to Ministry of Magic by 9am tomorrow.

Sincerely
Benedict Gigabolt

I sighed. All of them looked at me. "Nothing." I lied and walked to my room, hope to be alone but Elena and the girls followed. I went to call Hermione. "Hello, Hermione? did you receive the letter?" I asked and watched the girls at the door. I raised my hand up to tell them to wait. Surely, Caroline would eavesdropped on my conversation.

"Yes.. Emma. are you going to pack your clothes to bring tomorrow or after we heard from Gigabolt?" Hermione asked me. I watched as Caroline narrowed her eyebrows, clearly disallowing me to do whatever I wanted to do. Bonnie and Elena looked at Caroline. There was a short silent between Hermione and I. "Emma." Hermione called.

"Er.. hold on.." I told her. I looked at the girls, "Sorry my darlings, I need some privacy, why don't you three get back to whatever you all were doing?" I asked as I apparated to the bottom of the stairs which freaked the boys. I gave a faint smile to them and unlocked the front door, "I am gonna take a walk." I told them as I walked out of the house.

I walked along the long and quiet street, being so stupid to not wear any jacket. When I looked back, I noticed no one was there. Good. I thought."Well, Hermione, I think I would not be bringing it yet. Maybe after that." I shivered. Hermione acknowledged me with a simple 'ok'. "well Hermione I will see you tomorrow. I love you.. bye..." Then I hang up.