Kidnapping? Really?

Kidnapping? Really?

Could Jace be serious? We would talk at school? But there's no sign of his black Audi. No sign of him at class.

Forgot to tell, he's a classmate of mine, which makes the situation worst. I feel that I had my fingernails too short, simply by biting them for the next few hours, glancing on my sides, for signs of Jace.

Why am I like this? Even if my Dad's a sheriff of this place?

Well, he's a bad boy who'd definitely get into your nerves, literally. He gets what he wants, that's because his father is a billionaire.

He often fights at the darkest of streets, use drugs and probably kidnapping, at this case.

Oh, but he got the perfect looks that kill people in a blink of an eye.

After a few hours...

Well, that's a surprise. He wasn't at school the whole time. I got my nerves working right again, and my feet stopping sweating, like a lot. So, like I always do after class, I drove off to Starbucks to drink some mocha latte.

When I got in, the smell of coffee beans lingered in my nose, to my nostrils to my whole system. My taste buds started acting up, wanting to taste that bittersweet liquid. I immediately went to the counter to order one.

I sat on one of the chairs beside the table, and got to sip on my coffee, with my name written on marker, 'Audrey'.

'Oooh, that feels good.' I whisper, enjoying the taste of mocha that covered my entire tongue and mouth. I got to listen to music from my phone, which makes me enjoy the time more.

'Would you let me...'

'Lead you live when you're blind,

'In the darkness, in the middle of the night,'

'In the silence, when there's no one by your side,'

'Would you call in the name of love...'

I started humming the tone, enjoying more of the song that puts me up to my fullest.

'In the name of looove...'

'Name of looove, in the name of looove...'

'Name of looove, in the name of--'

'TEN HUTS! GIVE ME TEN HUTS!'

'PRRRRRRRRRRT!'

“Oh god!” I almost spit my drink on the table, man, why the ringtone though?!

Oh, someone's calling now! And I can see, it's him, again...

3:48 p.m. – Second Call
Audrey < Jace

“What?!”

“Audrey? God, why do I keep ringing the wrong number...”

“I think you need you check your eyes for infection Jace...”

“I thought this was Henry's number...”
Well it's not. May I ask you, is Rachel...still with you?”

“. . .”

“I can hear your breathing for heaven's sake!”

“You wouldn't tell your father about this...r-right?”

If you would tell me if Rachel's okay, and who's Henry, yeah, I wouldn't...”

“(sighs) Rachel's okay. Henry Travisky is the Henry that I'm talking about.”

Why would you kidnap her girlfriend in the first place?”

“And why would I tell you that?”

Because if you don't, I'll let you spend the rest of your life behind bars for free...”

“It's a payback for him. He deserves this kind of action.”

Jace, even if he did something to you, doesn't mean you have to pay back, y'know.”

“That's how we settle things, bruh.”

So, you two are...friends?”

“Sort of. You could consider this as an act of friendship.”

Still, you wouldn't want to involve Rachel in your little fight. You could settle it by fists, but not by acts that could lead to losing lives.”

“. . .”

Hey! Jace?!”

“If you say so, Sheriff...”

Jace, what are you--”

-BEEP-

Crap. Now I have to deal with bigger problems!

[Chapter 2 is out! By the way, the song Audrey was playing from her phone was 'In The Name Of Love' by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha. Vote or comment if you like the chapter!]