Final Face-Off!

Final Face-Off!

The car tires screeched harshly to the dirt, stopping the car motor as Audrey's Dad quickly unbuckles his seat belt, and grabs his handgun and flashlight, but my hand stops him.

“No, sir. I'll handle it. I know the guy, it's my fault...” I said, he stares at me for a few seconds, not letting go of his gun, but finally nods.

“You just wait for 15 minutes or so...” I got out of the car, and ran straight through the grassy dirt road, that leads me to the warehouse. The night sky got darker, and so the place. There were no single lights, so I had to use my phone's flashlight.

Surprisingly, there were no guards on the perimeter, letting me enter the big, metal door. It's slightly opened, letting me enter inside, and only two hanging bulbs lightens the whole room.

Why won't kidnappers lock their hideouts when usually they have a captive? That's damn and dumb.

There were cars everywhere, just as the last time I saw them there, but I heard faint voices as I slowly walk my way to the big warehouse. Slowly and surely, I got close, and saw a girl tied in a wood post.

Audrey. 

A man was pacing back and forth in front of her. It was Henry, wearing a plain, white T-Shirt and jeans. He anxiously paced back and forth, muttering words like “Shut up!”.

Jace // Audrey // Henry

Audrey wasn't crying, she was angry, as she spats words for him. As I got closer, their words became more clear to my ears.

“You wouldn't!”

“Yes, I could baby, when I get rid of him, I can get hands on you and your Dad!” he chuckles, and soon, leans his face close at Audrey. I have to do this...

I pull out my pocket knife from my pockets, and holding them tightly, and yelled my battle cry.

“AH!” I ran as fast as I could, my body only inches away from Henry. When he turned around, the knife cuts deep down his stomach, and he screams in pain. I pulled the knife, now covered with Henry's blood, and pushed him to the side, immediately cutting Audrey's ties from his hands.

“Jace!” she says in surprise, as my lift a smile to cheer her up, but her face was horrified when...

A sting of pain was pierced in my back, upper shoulder. I turned around to see Henry, but before I could even make a move, he lands a punch on my cheeks, causing me to land flat on the concrete floor. My back sounds a loud THUD, and lose my pocket knife.

“JACE!” Audrey yells, her voice echoing throughout the whole, dark room. There weren't any people inside, it's only me, him and her.

I got my posture up, not caring the freakin' pain I'm feeling from my shoulder. I pulled something out that is stick on my skin, and my hand holds a small sharp scalpel.

“A scalpel, really?” I ask sarcastically at him, but I only made his evil smirk wide.

“You know already why I have scalpels here right?” he says, and quickly lands another punch at my nose, making me stumble on my feet, but I immediately land a right fist on his nose, making it blood.

He deserved it.

Audrey kept yelling my name, and to stop. I know she doesn't wanna see violence from her eyes, but as they say, you got to face the music.

He wipes the blood of his nose, and soon, a force hit on my stomach occurs, his feet stretching like arms length. I stumbled back, but I let my knee hit his rib-cage, and it successfully hits it right close to his beating heart (if he has one anyway) as he winced in pain.

We exchanged punches, but we both kept our legs stand, our faces were drenched with the bloods we had, and while this was happening, I heard gunshots outside the warehouse. The police are already on the battle, I thought, while I try dodging one of his punches, but somehow, luck sided me and that makes an opportunity to hit his jaw with a right fist, he stumbles and stood back, but...

I wasted no time, backing up, and lunged my body into his, his back thuds, I started giving him his own medicine, landing punch on his petty face. Punch after punch I felt my adrenaline going hyper, as soon as Henry's face wasn't covered with sweat anymore, instead his own blood.

But a pull of both hands from my chest slowed my eyes. I felt that sense of calmness, the touch of it made my heart beat fast. I stood up, a hand pushing me farther to Henry, I turned around, it was Audrey. She handed me the pocket knife, which I took, and smiled.

“Why did you pulled me up?”

“You crushed his bones enough...” she whispers, and smiles that removes the pain that I endured from his stab, his punches and kicks.

With that said, I turn around, but in my surprise, Henry managed to stand, stumbling a little.

But the gun that he's holding right now, pointing it at Audrey.

“No, don't...shoot!” I yell, but he only chuckles with his raspy voice, and red liquid spewing out of his mouth.

“Raise...you hands up boy! Don't make any sudden moves or this girl right here will have his big brain splat on your face...” he whispers as dread filled his eyes, and Audrey froze in her position, her hands were shaking.

I slowly raised my hands up, but I took a step closer to him, but he pulls the trigger slightly midpoint, making me even nervous.

“I said, DON'T MOVE!” he shouts at the top of his lungs, his mouth spewing a lot more blood, that stained his t-shirt, and the concrete floor.

I stayed at my posture, he now, points the gun, directly to my head.

“Let her go...”

“What?”

“Let Audrey go, just...shoot me already!”

“No, Jace--”

“Please, just...get out. I don't deserve to live, I don't deserve to be with anyone, specially you...”

“Now, you realized it Jace... GET OUT OF HERE!” he yells at Audrey, as my eyes closed, seeing the pitch black, reminding myself that this is the time I'll be here.

“I don't care if you told your dad about me, at least, you'll never see Jace again...” he finally says, still eyes closed. I felt the nervousness in the air, the feeling of rage and guilt inside of me sparks.

My eyes opened shot up, and finally at that moment, I forward to Henry, everything went slo-mo...

My feet running towards him, my hands directly pointing to his stomach. I'll kill him if he'll kill me. At least, he won't be a harm to anyone. It was never anyone's business, this heated argument we'd had, since first years of high school, finally ending through blood, shedding blood for the people who had been in pain because of him.

I never knew this would happen, at the moment, it seemed to be right, but at the same time wrong. I never use to think about things, but everything changed...

when I rang the wrong number. That midnight call...

I was inches away, when everything stopped.

I forgot time, my name what was happening...

A light chest collided at mine, and at the same time, a loud shout of a handgun rang in my ear. My knife already deep to someone's skin. I look up to see Audrey, wide-eyed, her shoulder stained red, and her stomach started to bleed, her blood trailing up to my fingernails.

Sh—t...

She coughed, and her mouth spewed up blood, dripping from her lips to the floor, at the same time, a tear fell down on her cheek. My mouth gaped open, so as her.

“AUDREY!” a man yells, and I heard 2 shots from a revolver. Henry smirked, but soon, her eyelids fell, and so as his feet, as he lays down with his own pool of blood.

At the same time, Audrey's lifeless body fell on the concrete, but I got hold of her head, almost hitting an impact on the hard ground. I kneel down on my knees, as her head rested on my thighs. His father came running inside, so as the guards, with their bloodied shirts.

He was in verge of tears, but quickly called 911.

I don't know what I've done. The girl who was never scared of anything, even at me. She knows that I still have that faith she has, that care she showed me, that I didn't really show her. She always read my mind.

Tears started falling down my red cheeks, still staring at her closed eyes.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = =