You Remind Me Of My Girlfriend

“Oh my...” I thought, seeing two guys exchange punches at the school hallways. People had been cheering, and most of them favored...Jace. This is my fault, he literally took my warning. God, I wanted to pull his hair off his scalp! But his cool face won't let me.

Damn you teenage hormones!

Henry is this thin guy, who had a brown, short hair, blue eyes, and tan skin that he looked like a surfer at my belief. His nose is now, oozing red, sticky liquid that is hit by Jace, a black haired boy with those reddish lips that attracts girls but at the same time scares their faces off once you get to know him.

The two only stopped, when they tried to catch their breaths, as Jace pants heavily, but kept a stare at Henry.

“Bring back my girlfriend Jace!” Henry spats, and I am shocked to hear he has a deep manly voice, well, that was unexpected.

“Then f-cking face me, dammit!” Jace yells back, his brown eyes flaming with anger, his hands clenched so tight, ready to land it on Henry's burning red temples any second. He never minded the blood that is on his lips, that trails down his chin, up to his neck.

A second later, someone had separated them, the guy being my lab partner, Lincoln, a muscular guy who you wouldn't want to mess with, other than Jace himself.

I hear footsteps nearing closer to the fight scene, and there, stood the most strict principal I've ever met, Mr. Walter. His thick, black eyebrows scrunched up, seeing the boys so bloody, and bruised.

“...Mr. Mitchell and Mr. Travinsky, in my office, NOW!”

Everyone dispersed at the hallways as the principal yelled at the two, staring at him wide-eyed. I never moved from my position, and realized that it was a bad idea. Jace glanced at me, and played a mischievous smirk before following the principal's back, at least keeping a distance from Henry.

Oh shoot! Why Jace!
. . . . . .

After class, I waited for Jace to come out of the office, but by asking my best friend, Lauren (who's also a geek), she told me that he saw him leaving the campus when we were at our last subjects.

DANG. IT.

“Why are you looking for him anyway?” she asks, following me out of the school building.

“Well, I have some business to settle with him.” I answer.

“Hmm...You sure have some secrets to hide Audrey...” she whispers on my ears, which tickled me and irritated me at the same time.

“Go ask the guy not me, I ain't hiding something...”
. . . . . .

“Should I call him? Or not?” I kept asking myself over and over, holding my phone, walking back and forth on front of my bed. It's already 5:39, and class had been dismissed few hours ago.

Then, someone answered my question...

'TEN HUTS! GIVE ME TEN HUTS!'

I quickly tapped the answer button, preventing me to hear the whistle blow of the soldier, which makes my eardrums go pop right out. I really need a change of ringtones now...

5:40 p.m. - Third Call
Aubrey < Jace

“Hey Jace”

“Miss me already, Sheriff?”

“You should call my dad Sheriff, not me...”

“Hey, no offense, but for me, you are a Sheriff, trying to imprison me to your heart.”

“Really Jace? Really?”

“Yeah, and I must say you are one tough bastard!”

“Oh just cut it, crap!” I yelled at the phone, placing my mouth over the microphone.

“Don't need to be feisty! Man, you remind me of my girlfriend.”

“Who? She probably dumped you because of your freaking cheesy lines...”

“Nah, she didn't. And may I tell you she actually fell for my cheesy lines, as you said. I hate to admit, she's just that, but you're a sexy goddess, Audrey.”

“Oh, stop flirting with me Jace!” I actually blushed when he said I'm a freaking goddess, and sexy.

“Who said I did?” I can imagine his smirk broaden on his cherry lips.

“Shut it Mitchell. Why do you have to call anyway?”

“I like that attitude. A feisty geek, I haven't seen that one in ages.”

“. . .

“Okay, okay. But seriously though, you resembled my girlfriend's face. He looks exactly you. I mean, I know it's not you, but she looks like you, beautiful...”

I laughed softly, hearing another compliment from him. I didn't know he can say those sweet things to girls, but his actions differ. I can hear him chuckling on the other side of the line, as I struggled to catch my breath.

“Hey, it's nice you say those words, thank you...”

“Uh...I g-guess.”

“So, where's Rachel anyway, where are you hiding her?” I asked immediately, changing the mood to a serious talk.

“In my house's basement. If you would ask me, yes, she's healthy and alive, 'cause I let him eat and drink so I wouldn't cause a loss of life like you said last night. I just wanted to make Henry surrender...”

“Why Jace?”

“I have to. He needs to pay what he did to me...”

I never bothered to ask a question for that, he would hang up I'm sure. Not the right time to ask that...

“And what would he do if he surrenders to you?”

“I would beat the f-ck out of him, until his bones are crushed and he lays on his own blood. Then, I'll let Rachel go.”

“Oh man, that's harsh.”

“That's how I settle scores...”

“Had a history with him, do you?”

“Yep. Longer than the ones written on our history book.”

I chuckle at his joke, and he, too chuckles. I'm not sure why I'm enjoying this conversation now, I had fun talking to him. I never knew he can pull up some jokes, and compliments.

“I want to see you on Starbucks tomorrow...”

“What for?”

“To talk to you on this serious thing. Come on, you couldn't let her stay at your house. She has school, and you know that.”

“Chill. I'll see you this Saturday, 2:30 pm, at Starbucks.”

“Yeah, cool.”

“. . .”

“Wait...Audrey.”

“What?”

“Why aren't you telling this your Dad? You know I'm doing something wrong, but your not even doing anything, you even had the guts to talk to me over the phone.”

“Jace, if I know something, and that is your not killing anybody. You just kidnapped someone, and even admitted that you kept her safe, as long as you want, as long as Henry surrenders to you, but that part on Henry isn't nice.”

“. . .”

“Of course, as long as you're not doing harm on anyone, I wouldn't. Except for beating up Henry in the fiture...”

“Yeah, even though--”

. . .

“Hello? Hello?”

Oh shoot! My phone's dead!

[3rd part done! VOTE OR COMMENT!]