Epilogue

Epilogue

3:12 p.m -- Another Call
At Malor Residence
Jace -- Audrey

"You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever b--wait! I should be the one asking you that! Besides, its not like your asking my Dad for my hand for engagement."

"It looks like it, sweet cheeks!"

"Aww...the bad boy scared of her girlfriends dad?"

"Shut it, Malor."

"Gosh, back with formal names
already?"

"S-sorry. I'll just knock."

"Sure, I'll watch you from the stairs."

"Don't you dare--"

-BEEP-

"Drey! Dammit!" I cursed under my breath whispering. I wouldn't want him to hear me shout at her daughter, would he?

I wouldn't want that. Especially when he's Sheriff.

Known as the 'tough athlete' in his old days, he was strong. Not only from his body, but everything. His family had a line of policemen, which pretty means, they're a family of police! I'm not even sure if Audrey's inimidated on that.

I finally knock on the wooden door, waiting for his presence. A split second later, he was there, staring at me with astonishment.

The only description I could get from him is: Another copy of Tom Cruise. Only older, inked with tattoos and a lot muscular.

Jace || Sheriff John Malor

"What brings you here, Mr. Mitchell?" He asks in a monotonous tone, staring at me like he's trying to see if I had a lie behind my back.

No, I don't. I'm here for her.

"I-i w-wanted to uh..talk to you Sir?"

Dang it with the stutter.

"What for?"

"A-about your daughter Sir?"

He paused for a while, before he motions me to come inside. I did, and it feels like home! I mean it is, because her Dad's here and it's Sunday.

We bot sit on the couch, on opposite sides, and he lowers down the volume of the TV.

Okay, the real talk begins.

"So, Sir, uh... about Audrey, I mean your daughter--"

"You asked him to be yoir girlfriend, isn't it?"

How did he...

"Y-you know...s-sir?"

"Doesn't mean that I'm old, doesn't mean that I don't know how to use social media these days. I have an account on Facebook you know, and it seems that Audrey's spending time with you, frequently these days, after the..."

"I'm sorry sir."

"That's fine. Saving my daughter? I'm grateful for you."

"So, you're saying, you're okay with ms Sir?"

"...Of course, as long as you know the limits."

"Such as..."

"You know what I mean, Jace."

I actually gulped on that one.

"I will respect her decisions Sir. I would know if anything I do might be dangerous for her, I'll stop."

"Really? How?"

"I'll stop smoking Sir. That would be the first thing I'll do."

His serious, thin lips curves to a small smile, as I said that. He lets out a hand for me to shake, and I did.

I felt relief, like a baggage on my back removed. I feel happy and light.

"Thank you sir."

"I just hope you'll really change Mitchell."

"I will Sir."

And with that, I left the room, but before that, I gave him pancakes.

I got a text, just as I drive home:

From Sexy Goddess:
Good job on that sweet cheeks! Love yah!

I really love her too.

***

Audrey's POV

"Jace?"

"Hmmm?"

It's been days, weeks, months... I couldn't keep track of time. How time passed by. It was just silly at first, but by thinking at it, it's so damn impossible. How did I changed him, just like that? Why did he fell for me? Why, of all the girls at our school, why me?

Somehow, I couldn't answer those questions, but I let those linger on my brain. I'm always captivated by his eyes, his whole being. How he treated me like a princess, like a queen. I'm always amazed how he would beat up people who would laugh at me, or even stare at me angrily. Of course, I would always have to scold him for that, but he never listens. He never got off from his 'old' habits, but he told me: “I will stop, I'll know, I'm just taking it slow...”

And I believe in him. He wasn't the old scary monster anymore, he was knew. Everyone knew what happened. Between me and him, because he announced it, he announced that I am his girlfriend and you don't even know how I got iritated when I entered school, accepting their so called 'gratitude' for us, but I was happy, because he's proud of it.

He's okay with Lauren, so as Trenton, a boy that's an opposite of him. He was good, he was bad, yet... we share the same table when we eat. He laughs, he jokes and even treats us three.

I never knew a certain Jace can change a whole like that.

“Why me?” I asked, looking at his eyes.

He played with my hair, twirling it with his index finger, smiling so wide, just staring at my face. And if you wanna ask: I'm lying down on his lap. We're watching TV on my house but I got really tired and decided to sleep. But when I woke up, I realized, I have been sleeping on his lap. My head on his lap I mean, my body on the couch.

“I don't even know. I'm just following what my heart wants.” he answered.

“I want to ask for something.” I sat up, and sat beside him.

“Yeah?” he whispers.

“Could you tell me how you changed? If it's okay for you. I want to know everything you've been when you didn't knew me.”

“I couldn't tell you, 'cause I just don't want to talk about it, but I can write everything. Just wait, I'll give it to you... maybe tomorrow.”

“Thanks.” and I kissed him on his cheeks. Of course, as the bad boy he was, he stole one from my lips.

It made me blush.

And yet, later that day, he visited Malor's residence at night, and gave a letter to me. He just went on my house just to give that letter. So, I read it before I slept...

I had a smile. "I'll always love you too."