Jace's Letter

Audrey,

I don't even know when to start, because I don't even know how it happened. It all started when I met a guy named Henry. We had the same likes, and treated each other as brothers. We would always cut class and fight on underground fights. For sometime, we met other guys, and those are his current friends, which I befriend, but somehow, we we're closer. Then, this girl caught my attention, because she would always yell on the bullies of girls. One of those she defended is named, Valerie. She's beautiful, smart, and really friendly. I wasn't into girls back then because of my father, but since she showed up, I got interested in her. But, Henry likes her back. I convinced myself to stop thinking about her but I couldn't, to the point that I had confidence to be friends with her. She even gave me her number. We called each other at night, talking about nonsense and all that. And so, we became friends, even in school. I join them (she's with Henry) at lunchtime, and as time passed by... she felt the same way. I cared for her, I really do. And that's when Henry noticed her always looking at me differently as usual. He knew finally when Valerie admitted he likes me. That's the first time, Henry punched me in the face, yelling at me that I 'stole' her girl. I didn't, I never did 'cause she was never his...

After that, we never talked. That year of friendship crumbled to dust. Jealousy got over him and started rumors about me. That time around, I'm already on a relationship with Valerie. Until... Zoe came back. Zoe is my ex, and IRONICALLY, Valerie's childhood friend. Yes, I wasn't into girls but I had girlfriends back then. That's when everything turn upside down.

She made Valerie believe we're still in a relationship. At first, she didn't believe it, but Zoe wasn't gonna give up. She made her believe that I still like her, but I didn't.

In the end: She broke up with me.

What's the worst: Henry's part of it. He's part of the plan to break us up.

Few days later, Valerie transferred schools and we never got back.

I was so angry at him... I did things that made him go crazy. I beat him up, threatened him, made fun of his friends, and kidnapped her girlfriend.

That's when you entered the scene. You befriended me. Instead of telling me I'm so bad, you asked me why I did all of those things. Yeah, I'm immature, so to speak. I got interested in you because... you're Audrey. That girl who defended Valerie, it was you. You were the first girl who caught my attention.

Since I already knew Henry liked Valerie, I had time to check up on you. I spied what you do, and got to  know details by your bestfriend Lauren.

But I never knew I would love you like this. I may be bad, but that doesn't mean... I'm not good.

  xx Jace

I will love you always, Audrey.