Chapter 2 ( The Doctor is in)

Laito's P.O.V.

When the bell rang for class to begin, I sat in my desk with my chin resting on the back of my hand. I had a rather bored expression after years of being in this place and listening to nearly the same thing over and over. At least Shu had the right sense to sleep though all of it but I rather enjoyed  the stares I'd get from the girls in class and flirting with them across the classroom. The teacher had come in moments later, she was about to say something when the morning announcement interrupted her. Following the national pledge, the lunch menu and the likes, the announcer gave new information.

Announcer: I am sad to announce that Nurse Hisano has retired. I know everyone was very fond of her. She was like the grandmother of the school. As she cleans out her office, I wish for everyone to please wish her a farewell. I also ask that you all be very careful since we will not have anyone else in the nurses office for another hour or so. The new medic is not a nurse at all but even better, a Doctor. Upon Dr. (Y/n)'s arrival, I want you all to wish her a warm welcome for taking over Nurse, Hisano's duties. Meanwhile, I'll need to talk with the nurse's aid of every class.

With that said, the intercom clicked off. I was glad that old hag was leaving. In fact I was hoping she would die. She never liked me and refused to let me in the nurse's office. She also didn't like when female students would come to her complaining about me. Ever since she caught me having sex in her office with a girl, we haven't been off to a great start.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

To be perfectly honest, I was so nervous which was saying something, seeing how I was a doctor who was constantly under the pressure of doing successful life or death surgery and now here I am, stressing over high school kids. I stood in front of the mirror in my room for at least an hour, trying to decide what I wanted to wear on my first day. Why was I making this into a big deal, it's not like I was trying to impress anyone. Eventually I decided on my blue dress with my name tag on it. I sat on my bed and slowly slipped on my brown stockings so that they wouldn't rip by accident. I went into my closet and threw on my white lab coat. It had been a gift to me from my parent at a young age. They were set me becoming a successful doctor and I never did anything without this coat ever since.

I went into a drawer over to my nightstand and opened it. It's where I kept my endless supply of blue latex gloves and stretched them onto my hands with a satisfying rubbery snap. Being a doctor, I was a  bit of a germaphobe which was understandable since sanitation was everything. With one last thing, I reached for my blue framed glassed on my dresser. I was nearly blind without them. Going back to the mirror, I nodded at myself in approval at my appearance. While looking in the mirror, I noticed the clock and saw that I'd be late for my first day of work if I didn't hurry.

I rushed, to fill up my medical kit, stuff my bag full of papers, run into my lab stuffing my coat pockets with plenty of band- aids, medication in pill and liquid form and needles before grabbing my things and bolting out of the door. I had to come back 5 minutes later when I forgot to lock the door, grab my stethoscope and hang it around my neck.

Time skip.......

Pulling my car into the staff parking lot, I saw that there was a specific parking space just for me. They had already labeled it with my name. As a conscientious driver, I made sure to stay within the lines as best I could before taking out my keys and stepping out of the car. I looked up at the school, it was rather large and intimidating. All the students where already in class which was evident when I saw no one else arriving. I hurried into the school, not feeling safe outside in the dark. Walking up to the doors, I opened it, happy I had on my latex gloves, who knows how many germs could be on that door handle. I'm guessing the students where in the middle of some kind of break, they were all out in the hall chatting with each other or doing some other activity. Looking into open door classroom's they where mostly empty with the exception of teachers who were most likely grading papers.

However, when my black heels starting making noises as I walked throughout the hall, everyone noticed me. For a second I had flashed back to my own high school years as a 17 year old. I was walking down the halls timidly, books in hand. I also imagined a former bully who would take my books, knowing I was too short and weak to get them back.

In that moment, I was back into reality, trying to keep my head down to avoid uneasy faces but still felt my eyes looking about. Some girls scoffed at me and turned their heads away while others smiled and waved, welcoming me, pointing me to the way of my new office when I asked. The boys gawked at me and would turn away with a blush or others would continue to stare, flashing flirtatious faces and gestures. This made me want to avoid eye contact with them.

On the way to my new office, I passed a boy with reddish hair who was wearing a fedora and had the most noticeable green eyes. He was standing next to a girl by the lockers who was having a deep conversation with him but he was not paying attention. He caught sight of me as I passed but I went on my way, avoiding his eyes but on the corner of my own eyes, I saw him glancing at me as I passed by him. I then heard the girl before him say something.

Ino: Are you serious?! I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you and that doctor has been here for less than a minute and your already staring at her ass!!!.

I didn't want to get in the middle of that and so I found my walk quickening as the girl's scolding became nothing more but muffled sounds in the distance.