Chapter 15 ( Might as well be perfect)

Reader's P.O.V.

While school was being dismissed, Laito and I may have been the only ones left inside the building. However, I took a few minutes to learn more about Laito's vampirism. I was looking at his blood under one microscope and his saliva in another.

Dr.(Y/n): Your blood cells are really interesting, their showing the exact image of what dead blood cells would be and yet it's like their dead but alive at the same time.

I said as I increase the focus on the microscope. I then switched over to the second microscope and started taking note of his saliva.

Dr.(Y/n): And your saliva shows some serious healing factors, this is so amazing.

I moved away from the microscope so that Laito can take a look, though it was clear he didn't really understand why I found any of this fascinating, mostly because I'm sure no one else would act the way I was acting if they found out vampires exist.

It was already late and I packed up Laito's DNA in tubes before we left. Turning towards him, I realized my vision was blurry after I realized I had taken off my glass so that I could look through the microscope. He currently had them fixed upon his face.

Laito: I had no ide you were this blind.

He said after realizing he couldn't see through my thick and powerful lenses.

Dr.(Y/n): Hey give those back, I need them to drive.

Laito refused to hand over my glasses, lifting them over his head, making me jump for them which mostly likely made me look ridiculous with heels on. I managed to grab onto his wrist before he handed over what was mine.

Dr.(Y/n): You have no heart beat, no body heat and no pulse either, I'm starting to think your more of a zombie.

I said jokingly after touching his wrist.

Laito: A zombie would have half my charm.

He said before brushing his lips against mine.

Dr.(Y/n): L-let's go.

I stuttered as I tried to shake off a blush.

Time skip....

Being in the car with Laito made me more nervous than ever. He was constantly poking my cheek, fondling me or simply distracting me as I was trying to navigate the road at night. I found myself swerving past every car and nearly getting into major accidents.

Dr.(Y/n): Laito, I am trying to drive here. You may be able to get into a serious car wreck and live but I can't.

He only gave me one of his signature laughs. I mentally sighed to myself. Meanwhile, whenever we did arrive at my house, Laito basically dragged me inside. I barely had time to take off my heels and my ripped up stockings before he was all over me, literally stealing my every breath with every kiss.

Dr.(Y/n): L-laito, can I take a shower first?

I managed to say in between his attacks.

Laito: Great idea, I'll join you.

He said happily.

Dr.(Y/n): N-no! You just um....explore the house, or eat something. Vampires eat normal food right? So just, find something to do until I finish cleaning up.

I was actually surprised when he didn't insist on joining me in the bathroom anyway.

Laito: Alright but I can't promise you I won't sneak in while your showering.

He teased. Well, I know I'm locking the door but then again, the way he's always popping up makes me wonder if he can teleport or something. I was more than sure.

Time skip......

As I soaked under the shower head with my body smelling heavily of exotic fruits and flowers, I tried listening to see if I could hear Laito rustling about in my house but with no luck. He never did come into the bathroom but then again, maybe he was invisible for all I know and was just watching me at this very moment. To be honest I was scared and didn't know what was going to happen after I had finished up in the bathroom. Sure I was a doctor and all and I knew about certain sexual things but I had never actually experienced those things. I was nervous, I never had any contact or relationship with any male. My parents never allowed it and forbid me from dating and any normal teenage stuff. They made me focus more on my studies. Even now, I found myself being comfortable with the thought of just being by myself and never really thinking about what it would be like to have another person around. Still, I always thought about whether or not that was actually what I wanted. Would I be missing out on a lot of things?

My heart pounded with each second that flew by and I was even more scared to come out of the bathroom. I understood that as a playboy, Laito's sex with numerous girls was automatic and driven by hormones. I don't think he's ever just planned to have sex with someone before. Maybe this was something new to him too? This thought sort of made me feel better. I started to doubt everything. What if this turn out to be something meaningless to him after all?

I shook my head in frustration, trying not to let the negative thoughts turn my beliefs around. How would I even act? I've never been naked in front of anyone before, the very thought could have killed me with embarrassment. Will it hurt, because I've heard other woman talk about it. I really don't know if I'm ready but there's no turning back. I want this to end well. If Laito and I can't work out then I'd rather just live the rest of my life alone.

With these final thoughts, I took in a big breath before turning off the shower and stepping out. Drying my body and hair with a towel, I began to slip on a casual pajama set with matching undergarments. Nothing too flashy. A nice light pink, lacey night gown with long sleeves. I then put on thigh high white stockings. I went over to the mirror, combings my hair down until it was nice and straight but still slightly damp from the water. Putting my glasses back on, I began rubbing on lotion, spraying perfume and vanilla flavored deodorant. For such an occasion, I wanted to at least be perfect, I wanted ever part of me to be clean. Whenever I was satisfied with myself, I slowly turning the bathroom door and stepped out of the steamy, moist air, into my cooled room.