Chapter 22 ( All in the family)

Reader's P.O.V.

Dr.(Y/n): I still can't believe he's ours.

Laito: Why do you bottle feed him. Your wasting that precious milk of yours.

He said before poking at my sore breast.

Dr.(Y/n): Is this your way of telling me you want it.

I say teasingly as I stroked our baby's head.

I admit to tasting my own breast milk before.....it's not that bad but let's just say that it's not the kind of milk I would eat with my cereal.

Laito wanted to handle our baby right away but he also had to be careful. I showed him the proper way to handle ( baby's name). Laito let me pick the name. (baby's name)'s reaction with his father was much different from his reaction with me. He always felt happy and smiled around his father but around me he would cry. It's probably because I don't handle him as much. I'm clumsy and the least thing I want to do is fall down the stairs or something with our baby. Laito was so in love with his first child that he was already planning on having another and another and another.

However, we had decided that once (baby's name) was born, we would acknowledge our families about him. We both didn't know how our families would react but it still had to be done. It took a very long time for me to decide especially. I didn't want my son around such expectant grandparents but they still had a right to know.

Laito and I had decided to go separate ways the next day to prepare our family's for the news. He had gone back to his brothers and I was strapping (baby's name) in his baby carrier, ready to pay my parents a visit. (baby's name) had began to cry but he calmed down in the car, seemingly enjoying the ride.

For about 10 minutes when we reached my parents house, I sat in the ca watching, breathing deeply. Not knowing if I was doing the right thing or fully prepared. It was now or never so I got out of the car and unbuckled (baby's name) dosing form and walking up to the house. My hand lingered to knock but the door had already opened.

Mom: I'm surprised you even showed your face after leaving all this time.

She said sourly as she leaned against the door frame.

Dr.(Y/n): I-I just thought you and dad wanted to meet someone....

I said lowly before (baby's name) rustling caught the attention of my mom. Her eyes immediately widened at the squirming baby in his carrier. He face was warm. Her face was the face of a mother that I always wished she would be from the start. I could easily see that she fell in love with (baby's name) and anxiously welcomed us inside. She immediately began to unbuckle (Y/n), waking him from his sleep and coddling him.

Mom: You just leave for almost a year and come back with our first grandchild. You don't need money do you?

(Y/n): No we're fine, you have as much right to see him you know.

With all the commotion, I saw my father making his way down stairs towards us as we sat on the sofa. He was unware of what was going on but after his eyes landed on (baby's name), he practically bolted down the stairs.

Dad: And who is this?

Dr.(Y/n): Your grandson.

Dad: Oh my, my, my, you've been busy. So busy that you've even gotten married without telling us.

He said pointing to my ring.

Mom: Your just full of surprises aren't you (Y/n). Tell me, who is the father. I want to meet him.

Dr.(Y/n): You'll meet him and his family. I'm supposed to be getting you guys for dinner anyway.

Mom: Let's not keep them waiting then.

Dr.(Y/n): there's something else I want to tell you.

Mom: Yes, yes, what is it?

They didn't look like they were listening. They were too busy adoring (baby's name).

Dr.(Y/n): Your both not going to treat him like you treat me. Your not going to control his life and tell him what he can and can't be. From now on, everything's going to be different for (baby's name)sake and if you can't do that then I won't let you see him again.

Mom: yeah, whatever you say.

My mother said, waving me off, not concerned about my threat. I sighed. I knew they do anything for their only grandchild and I also knew that they'd help us out with (baby's name) even if we didn't need the help. I still wonder if Laito's encounter with his brother's went better than mine.

Time skip....

When I had arrived at the Sakamaki mansion with my parents, I was nervous. I had never met them all at once and plus they were vampires. Hopeful everything went peacefully.

However, it seemed they were surprised to see us which gave me the impression that Laito didn't tell them at all. He seemed like the kind of person that would rather you see something yourself than for him to just tell you. Never the less the less. Reiji was professional about our arrival and kept everyone in check. Upon seeing the me along with a baby in tow, Ayato basically summed everything up.

Ayato: Laito, you banged the Doctor? Why didn't I see this before and now she has your demon spawn.

He said sourly. What a.....sweet uncle he is.....

Kanato: I wish it was a girl.

Kanato said upon looking at (baby's name).

Laito: I prefer you ingrates show my wife and her family some respect.

Laito said rather sternly.

Reiji: Your married as well. You could have at least told us that but you did manage to marry her after having a child. That was fortunate enough.

Reiji said before pushing his glasses to the brim of his nose.

Yui: I'm happy for both of you.

I thanked Yui and yet she didn't look too surprised at our relationship for some reason.

Mom: So Laito, your her husband? Your no doctor but you charm makes up for that.

Laito: I can see where (Y/n) get's her beauty.

He said before kissing my Mother on her hand.

Dad: At least your not a bum.

My dad simply said before shaking Laito's hand.

Time skip.......

When dinner started, everyone was rather quiet, not really knowing what to say, except for my parents who brought up stories of themselves. Shu and Subaru didn't really talk much but they thought no one saw them when then went to soothe (baby's name) whenever he started to cry. They didn't know how to react to (baby's name) but I was not going to let them mark him as an illegitimate bastard just because he wasn't a pure blood vampire. However, it wasn't really a big problem. Even with their distaste towards Laito, even creatures of the night such as themselves couldn't refuse an innocent infant.

Laito even said that they had no choice but to deal with it because we were part of the family now. Laito also mentioned about how I would most likely have to become a vampire and I really didn't mind. Though I'd miss my own heat, I'd miss Laito even more if I couldn't be with him forever. The only problem now is deciding on whether I should tell my parents that they are dining with vampires.