Chapter 8 ( Envision)

Reader's P.O.V.

I went over to Ino who was now crying into one of the beds. I wasn't really great at cheering people up. I didn't know what to say, especially to teenagers. I decided it would be smart to start with a more subtle approach.

Dr.(Y/n): Ino, what's wrong?

I asked, clearly worried for her.

Ino: I saw....Laito....Cheating on me.....with some skank!

She said in between sniffles.

Ino: I didn't know where else to go!

She said before continuing to ball her eyes out.

Dr.(Y/n): Hey, it'll be alright. You seem like a nice girl, I'm sure you can find someone better. You know how teenage boys can get. They are victims to their hormones and the way they see it, they aren't forcefully bound to a girl so they see cheating as something that really isn't a big deal.

Although I tried my best to help her and tell Ino what she wanted, it only sounded like I was siding with Laito and it only made her worst.

Ino: I thought he loved me.....sure he never really said it directly but of all the girl's he's dated I thought he was serious about me.

I awkwardly rubbed her back as she cried into one of the pillows on the bed. I reminded myself to wash the sheets whenever she was finished with her little episode.

Dr.(Y/n): Hey, it's ok. Crying won' t chance anything, it'll only make you sick.

Ino: HE'S NOTHING BUT A PLAYBOY!

Ino yelled into the pillow but most of her anger was muffled. She then latched onto me for a needy hug, desperate for someone to understand her pain and make it go away. Although, even though in my profession, I can cure a number of things but unfortunately, broken hearts can only mend themselves with time. Hopefully, Ino can move on quick and if not, I fear for the impact Laito has had on her emotional state.

 Eventually, Ino had decided she didn't want to be at school any longer. She wished to avoid Laito for the rest of the day and went home completely heart broken.

Time skip....

My day of work had ended sooner than I realized. The rest of my day went by smoothly and I was lucky enough to not be bothered by Laito. I also knew it would be morning soon as the school hours came to an end. I couldn't here the chatter outside my door as the student filed out. Cleaning up my office and locking it, I took my things and left as well. My heels clicked on the floor, echoing through the empty halls. From time to time, the teachers that I have yet to meet waved me goodbye. I walked briskly down the hall as my lab coat flowed behind me. Upon walking to my car, I caught a glimpse of Laito who was just about to get into what appeared to be a limo. Guess his family is rich. Never the less, he spotted me as well, giving me a quick wink before getting into the vehicle. I quickly turned my head in the opposite direction, getting into my own car before driving off.

On my way home, traffic began to pick up, it was still dark but morning was only an hour or so away. People going to their jobs started occupying the road by the minute. When I did manage to get home, I kicked the door open, kicking off my heels that no doubt had my feet soar. I walked to my bedroom before landing face first into the sheets. Whenever I arrived, a feeling of emptiness was always present. I don't even have a cat or at least a gold fish that would be happy that I was finally home. Though my intolerance of germs made it hard to keep pets around me.

Lying in bed, I couldn't help but emphasize with Ino's feeling. The poor girl was so hurt and not just any kind of hurt, I mean the actual hurt of betrayal that was so strong it could cause a person to commit suicide. How does it feel to love someone so much but then they just betray you in such a way? Does Laito not feel anything for these girls? What he's doing is such a low blow but he doesn't seem to have a problem with it at all. He even winked at me as if he had never had any relations to Ino at all. Is he serious about playing games with me. Such a thought insults my intelligence. I'm not a vulnerable school girl. I am a woman with high morals and virtues. I'm also not in his age range. As a Doctor I am only here to do my job.

Still, there was no doubt that he plagued my mind, specifically at the realization of how horrible he can actually be. I wonder what has him acting in such a way. Maybe it was something clinically diagnosed? No, it would have been on his files. No doubt he was very promiscuous and very open about it as well. However, I'd say I had a rather good first day even with Laito causing problems.

Laito's P.O.V.

Driving back to the mansion from the school was the same as driving to it. Subaru stared out the window, Kanato occupied himself with his teddy bear, Reiji was cleaning his classes, Shu had his eyes closed, Ayato was sitting around with his usually annoyed face and Yui was just plain frightened as she always was when she was in a confined space with all of us.There wasn't much conversation between my brothers and as I. I had closed my eyes, to revision the image of (Y/n) in my mind, when Ayato has suddenly spoke up.

Ayato: About time you got rid of your slut. She's was annoying as hell.

Laito: If you don't like them then I'll just occupy myself with Yui.

I say slyly as I snaked a hand up her thigh. She gasped and tried to draw herself away from me as much as she could before Ayato got aggressive.

Ayato: The hell I will! I need her blood as much as you need it. We all do.

Laito: Only your always so stingy with her.

Reiji: Honestly Laito, you should bring your affairs elsewhere, if the girls you bring around us ever find out we're vampires, that won't sit well. Getting rid of them is such a hassle.

Reiji said as he pushed his glasses to the brim of his nose.

Laito: Those girls may be a hassle but not the woman that I have in mind.

I said to them with a chuckle.